Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a muffler that can go on my Magnaflow 4" exhaust system that is next to or as quiet as stock. The problem with all the millions of posts I have read are compared on a stock or lightly modified truck.

I don't want or need to impress anyone with a loud truck anymore. I have 3 mufflers on this now and it is still to loud!!!

24" baffled medium duty truck muffler
12" Magaflow resonator (quiet for about 100 miles until the packing burned out!!!)
14" Magaflow muffler( Again a joke with packing gone in a short time)

I was on Corsa's sight but was not quite sold on that.

Give me some results with a 600rwhp truck once. (I ain't quite there yet!!!)

Thanks diesel dudes!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ultimately I would like to recommend MBRP, but after doing some looking, they along with Banks and a few others pack their mufflers and resonators basically the same way. Usually its steel wool wrapped in a ceramic or fiberglass blanket. That being said MBRP does make a 30" muffler and an 18" resonator (v/s your 24 and 14"). I hope this helps some. Really though....is it possible to make a V8 turbo with 600+rwhp quiet????

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a corsa and it is very well engineered. Quiet inside with no drone and does have a bark when you step on it, but not overly loud either. Maybe not what you want. TTS has a real quiet muffler.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah, generally noise comes with more power. BUT the way these diesels work unlike gassers, we haven't upped the compression, cams and all the other stuff that make engines louder. Running up easy to 25 or 55mph should not be a loud experience----especially at 5 A:M in the morning. I just take it very easy and to me it is still a bit "neighbor irratating" I will look into the Corsa and the TTS----Thanks (THe law finds me fast enough also if I am gettin' with the program!! Silent kills are the new norm around here!!!!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.