Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my truck at the start of last summer, just went outside to find the plug in......cant find it? A buddy of mine said to look for a black bag or something tucked up around the engine on the passenger side?

·
Registered
484 Posts
imo, you dont really need it unless you are seeing negative degrees...
also if you plug it in at night, I'd put it on a timer so it only starts a couple hours before you wanna use it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm in Denver - truck is parked outside and even with single digits last weekend, no problems starting without having it plugged in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imo, you dont really need it unless you are seeing negative degrees...
also if you plug it in at night, I'd put it on a timer so it only starts a couple hours before you wanna use it.

Ill be doing alot of work around the LaBarge Pinedale area (north east wyoming) this winter, even a few up in and around Sidney Montana....so ill def see a few sub 0 mornings:cool:.......whats it hurt to plug it in all night?:confused: i dont know, just wondering.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
484 Posts
Oh it doesnt hurt anything that im aware of...just costly to keep it plugged in. I've started both my LLY and LBZ in -5 or -7F weather w/o any issues, didnt even have to cycle the plugs more than once!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh it doesnt hurt anything that im aware of...just costly to keep it plugged in. I've started both my LLY and LBZ in -5 or -7F weather w/o any issues, didnt even have to cycle the plugs more than once!

This will be my first winter with a duramax, last winter in northern montana i went through 5 injectors with my (at the time) 05, 6.0 powerstroke. Just not sure what to expect? from what i hear the duramax doesnt mind the cold as much as the powerstroke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts