Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I traded in my 4th Powerstroke last week for my first Duramax, a 2005 LLY CrewCab LS Dually. I picked it up from my local dealership with 11,000 miles. While digging trough the paperwork I noticed it was originally sold in San Diego California. I am wondering what extra crap Chevy stuck on my truck to make it california legal.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its probably not much different from other trucks. You'll have the EGR for sure (which you need to block), I think all the trucks come with it but here in Cali it will defenatly throw a code while a federal smog truck might not, so you will need a finger's stick or other code eliminator. You also will definatly have a CAT, and the PCV system set up for cali smog, but again I think all the trucks come with this stuff now days. There has been alot of post recently about disconeecting or bypassing all of these systems.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Software is different. They all have EGR's and CAT's. The CA truck will just show the CEL when certain emissions tests fail where the Fed truck may not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts