Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking to regear my truck so I get better MPG. Currently I am running 37's but may switch it to a 40 by summer. So I was thinking 4.56's but how much would I gain as fas as mileage?? Not concered all that much about power, just need to save some $$$. Also I am running the Predator chip at 85 and have a K&N CAI with a straight piped exhaust. Let me know guys.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put in 5.13's and it corrected my speedo and helped driveability (and towing) alot.... I wanted 5.38s but they dont make them, but the 5.13s worked out perfectly for the 40s

·
Registered
53 Posts
Its a 8.1 gasser so mileage is bad... 7 to 12. But changing from 4.10s to 5.13 helped alot. 4.10s to 4.56s isnt much of a change and might not be worth the dough

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Man that's incredible mileage turning those tires!!! Is your speedo calibrated to the tires?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i was getting about 12 IIRC for the week i had 3.73's in the rear. i get about 16.8 drivng like i dont care about mileage but i can squeak 17.75 out of it. and average 17.1 plus its so much easier on the trans, engine, and drivetrain.and then towing i still get upper 15's.you would/should get better mileage than im getting with the tires you have now. maybe lxh or DINO ONE will chime in since they already have foh-tees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts