Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have questions regarding commonly swapped parts on the hds.

When swapping to the stock h2 wheels and tires do you retain the load range "E" rating with those wheels and tires? How hard is the speedo recal? Cost for at dealer? How about fuel economy? What about warranty on truck? Misc. trim and cuts?

How about aftermarket diesel fuel filters. I see there is a lot of talk on the forum about them. Are they used as a prefilter for the OEM filter? Where's the best place to mount? And what about splicing in? Do you need to cut steel lines and reflare to mount? And again warranty issues?

And the last question. I have the standard mirrors with the turn signal in them. I would like to swap to the power extendable stock mirrors. Do the controls I have in the door work on the camper mirrors? My truck is an '03 crew cab silverado d/a.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
You know the extendable camper mirrors don't have the outside dimming, heat, tilt down function, or memory setting for driver 1 and 2 like the regular mirrors do right? I would have stuck with the regular mirrors instead of the trailer mirror if I had known that when I picked the truck out.

On the Filters there's several choices including pre and post OEM. Most are hearing from dealers the pre OEM location is not an issue, post can cause warranty problems. Don't know about the others, but the Nicktane kit (pre filter) doesn't require cutting any lines. Edited by: srode

·
Registered
408 Posts
i have the tow mirrors from( tophog )OEM, they are heated, turn signal,and power in and out,yes the oem control on door will extend and retract, if you get the computer reflashed, i do not have memory settings on my truck

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I stand corrected, glad to hear they are heated, haven't had any frozen stuff here yet to try that. Still, sure would like to have the memory and outside driverside dimmer. The auto down tilt in reverse would be nice backing up the trailer too. Edited by: srode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts