Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at gettin some stacks put on my truck. I am not sure if i should go 6" or 7" miter cut was leaning more towards 6 because 7 might be to much but not sure, any opinions? also for those that have stacks how hard are they to install?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
IMO, 7" stacks are gonna look out of proportion in your truck (EC/SB like mine). The 6" ones might even be border line, IMO. As for install. It could probably be pretty touch if you fabricate your own system, but with a kit (like those from Grand Rock) it is really straight forward. Cut off old exhaust, drill hole in bed, hook to old exhaust. get stacks firmly mounted in bed and you are done (in a nut shell).

I am about to put 5" straight cuts or miters in mine. I'm making my own crosspipe out of box tubing :( (not too thrilled about that, but it's all I can do until more funds are available for a ready-made kit). I am also gonna run a muffler as well. I just have to get the rest of my parts to complete the package.

Look up brich6600, he has a sweet 5" miter kit from Grand Rock and it looks GREAT! Chevy_7465 has fabricated his own crosspipe (a box but differently than I plan on doing it) and is running 6" BullHaulers. He has a thread going about it. I think they look good in his duallie but would NOT look good in a SB truck IMPO.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on your choice as well as pics when they are done (smoke rollin pics at that :D ).

C-ya

·
Registered
53 Posts
7" is a very large stack....and some people don't like them. Then again some people like to be loud and annoying, and we're happy to supply!!! None the less, its all a matter of preferance. I'm not sure where at in Cal. you're at, but I do have a few distributors out there, that could probably show you what a 7" set up would look like. Let me know if I can help ya?!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey yea crzycowboy i was looking at ur set up think u could pm with some details about it and pricing, online is very short, and i am located in the san francisco bay area northern california

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think 5 is about proportional on a pickup... 6 will look pretty big...

·
Registered
383 Posts
My new stacks

4"from down pipe back to the tee where it splits out to 5", no muff or cat. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.