Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Edge says the juice box will reduce the power level if it senses that the Allison has slipped. It also defuels during shifts to help reduce blowing through the torque converter. Although reading their instructions talks about how you can disable the defueling during shifts feature with the Attitude. Do any other boxes out there have this feature or do they just allow the TCM (Allison) to monitor itself and if it slips, to go into the limp mode feature? Others being Quad, TTS, Predator, Hypertech, etc....

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
The factory ECM will reduce the power to stop slippage. If the slippage continues it will go into limp mode to protect itself. So all boxes basically have some form of power reduction for slip. The Juice reduces it's power adder on top of the factory reductions.

·
Registered
408 Posts
From What I Have Read Only Edge Has It Built In To It's Programing

Correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
White Duramax said:
I thought I read somewhere that the VA smart box e also had trans protection.

VA INFO

Yes the claim is it does, when I get my custom tuned VA 110/230HP box back I will see what is what.

I only ran the 110/230 on the dyno.

The street is a different story.

Once you get a tranny upgraded who needs the protection

T
NY

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Tony, I think it does work to some degree, I have the 110/230 version, and with my stock and abused tranny, she defuels a lot through the shifts, but the guy I got it from had a tranny that would hold and his shifted fine. So it must detect something.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I know of several several different 110/230 version's all with some too no defueling capibilities. Edited by: JRmac

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Jrmac, so you are saying I can get a different version to get rid of the defueling? or what?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diesel Tech said:
The factory ECM will reduce the power to stop slippage. If the slippage continues it will go into limp mode to protect itself. So all boxes basically have some form of power reduction for slip. The Juice reduces it's power adder on top of the factory reductions.

Do other boxes have a defueling option to help "protect" the tranny ... at least a little bit
I realize that in the end we will all need tranny upgrades, just thinking about trying to use a programmer which plays "nice" with the stock tranny for a while. Is that still just the Juice, or have others added defueling during shifts too? I don't mind just living with the Allison being the limiting factor .... I just don't want to have to wait until that happens.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Mnstr_fx:

It depends on personal needs I guess.

Heavy towing + More HP = Upgrades

Racing/Pulling + More HP = Still Playing!!!

Higher RPM's help the ALLI during shifts. Problem is this only works when racing not towing.

White Duramax:

Yes Edited by: JRmac

1 - 12 of 12 Posts