Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '94 and the entire fuel system is contaminated. I am fairly sure the IP is no good.

So, I've been thinking of converting to a DB2. I have an entire '88 6.2 with a cracked block. (It froze) I imagine I have all the parts to do the swap besides the throttle pedal, but I'm not sure what to do with the trans. I have a 4L80, but I guess I'll lose all computer control with the swap. I never tow anything. I like mudbogging occasionally. Most of my driving is on the highway. What do you think of putting a 700R4 in it? I imagine I should add another cooler. How much can these take? Oh yea, I'll be running 36" Swampers.

What are your thoughts? Do I need anything else?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Get you a 92 or 93 chip for the ECM and use a mechanical pump with the TPS on it and modyfy some wiring and you can make it work. A modded 700R4 can do the job, but you already have a 4L80 trans. I would get a stand-alone trans controller first before I would swap in a 700R4. Shoot quantum a PM and ask him how he did his swap.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I ran a 700R4 behind my 6.2 in my 82 Chevy with 35" TSL mudders. I loved the first gear ratio,(lowest of any auto tranny) and 4th OD for highway curising. BUT I would also look into using the 4L80 myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts