Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of putting a six inch lift on my truck. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of x-cad long beds with lifts. My second question is what brand. I kind of like OSUDURAMAX's lift. My last question is how is a six inch lift with a gooseneck. I use my truck on a farm and I need it for pulling the gooseneck, and for pulling hay and grain wagons. Thanks
-Nick-

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same issue. I tow a featherlight horsetrailer and I need the clearance over the bedrails. I can get a way with a 4" lift but I'm not crazy about any of those kits.
I really like the CST kit but it's only 6-8 and 6" will cut it real close. I talked to Brent from Brentzwheels and he sent me a lot of pics of bone stock sliverado duallies with 33.5" tires and 19.5" rims. It bring the truck up 2" over stock and still looks pretty good.
I may just go with 33's on a stock truck and no lift at all so I don't have to worry about the clearance.

Check this baby out.

View attachment 15091

·
Registered
479 Posts
Im in the same boat havent got the truck yet but Im definetly going to run a lift and 33's. I have to decide 4 or 6 inch. I have been told a 6 inch and 33's will work. Ockgator runs a 4 inch and 35's and says it does fine, so a 6 inch and 33's would be the same as that. Im just worried about crossing ditches and tight unlevel spots where the trailor might hit. but Maybe you guys should go first and let me know. lol

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I am thinking of putting a six inch lift on my truck. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of x-cad long beds with lifts. My second question is what brand. I kind of like OSUDURAMAX's lift. My last question is how is a six inch lift with a gooseneck. I use my truck on a farm and I need it for pulling the gooseneck, and for pulling hay and grain wagons. Thanks
-Nick-
Put lifted spring on the trailer and bigger tires, Big Truck, Big trailer):h

·
Registered
126 Posts
Weird my post disappeared. Anyhow I have an ext cab long bed that had 33's on it with green keys, I had to mod the bumper plastic a tiny bit with a dremel. I then went to a CST 6 inch lift with 35's and I love it. I pull a 28ft WW toyhauler. Either way looks sweet and if you want pics let me know.

·
Registered
479 Posts
-Nick-
Another lift you might be interested in. I was thinking of doing it. a 4 inch comes with 2 inch rear blocks and a 6 inch comes with 4 inch rear blocks. I was thinking of getting a 4 inch lift and putting 3 inch blocks in, and then crank the torsion bars up to accomadate it. This would put you around 4.5 to 5 inches. Im thinking of 6inches, but this thought has crossed my mind.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I have a goose neck hitch in my truck and have pulled a goose neck a time or two. I have no clearance problems, however the trailer is an equipment trailer and may be different than pulling a stock hauler, and it kind of looks funny sitting nose high. I have an 8" lift but that only seems to be the front. The rear only got a 4" block and an add-a-leaf,1" I think. I also have a buddy that has a CCLB 04 Duramax and he pulls a 38' 5er and has a 6" lift on his truck. He has no clearance problems either. I say go for it and if it doesn't work do a spring over on the trailer and that will fix all your clearance issues.

Duramaxphil, I had that problem with a stock truck. I hit the rails on my 02' truck with 5er on and thats why I switched to a pull behind trailer when I got my new Toy Hauler. I loved tha way that 5er pulled though, no sway at all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you searched in the towing section? you'll probably have to dig but I think you'll get better answers there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts