Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure whether to post here or not but w/e. I am pretty close to breaking my 36,000 mile warranty and wanted to get the most i can out of warranty. I want to replace my radio because two of my preset lights don't turn on anymore. My guage cluster because oil pressure light doesn't turn on. My foot pedals because they are rusted and brake pedal creaks when pressed occasionally. Obviously my leather seats posted thread on that one earlier. Passenger door hinges they creak when door is opened. Passenger door window motor, window goes up slower than driver side door, about 3 second delay when compared to driver side. I also wish to change my rusted drive shaft with the aluminum driveshaft that they use now, but not sure if I would be able to get that one, it would be nice though. Also, my turbo has a funny whine to it when accelerating slowly, a deep whine. Is that a bad sign or is it normal and I've never heard it before? Im just requesting to hear from those that know if my warranty would cover all of these things so that I know what to expect from the dealer.

Do any of you know if chevrolet gives you a lender when they are doing warranty work? I've taken my truck before for warranty and they've never given me a loaner. However, my friend told me that someone from Williamson Cadillac that chevy pays for 95% of the lender and dealer pays remaining balance? Anyone?

Thanks in advance guys would really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I cant see them doing anything about the pedals or the Drive shaft. they would say that is expected wear and tear.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The pedals they might due to corrosion. Really most of this is going to come down to your dealer. I would make sure every item is written up individually. Even if they say "No Problem Found" you are covered for a few thousand miles if any of these goes out. The dash and radio should be a no brainer. The power window will again depend on the dealer as will most of these items. The driveshaft I am not sure about. If there is an updated shaft for your truck they might. If not they won't. They can't put a part on your truck that is not for your VIN. The loaner car is typically if your truck is disabled and/or kept over night. Each dealer is a bit different about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts