Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have read, most of you seem happy with the extra power from the performance tunes (juice, etc.)

My question is at what points or driving conditions do you really gain the addtional power? Today is the first time that I "smashed" the throttle on several occassions pulling into traffic & passing. My dissapointment is the time it takes for the turbo to kick in and get the truck moving. Once moving, or hitting a down shift at a higher RPM, the truck has great acceleration.

I should point out that I am used to the thottle response on my gassers. Do the performance tuners help much with throttle response, or do you still have the noticable turbo lag?

I am usually driving empty, or light to moderate loads (3,500# truck camper & 3500# boat) so I do not need major power for pulling, but would like to get a little of the gasser "quickness" back.

What do you guys with the performance mods think?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
How it responds and when will depend on the tuner you pick. I know that regardless, you will notice an improvement. The lag in the turbo will be all but gone. I notice you have an LLY truck, so your choices are going to be limited for a while.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I bought my chip for towing and it does that 100% better than stock. You will not believe how much better it will pull in OD on the big hills. Forgot to mention it's nice to lay a patch at will. Later! Frank

·
Registered
119 Posts
JUICE IT UP (when its available for LLY) and HANG ON !!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Juice is the best. There is an option to improve the throttle response, it works soo well that for things like passing, there is not delay!

I love my Juice with Attitude!!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Any of these chips and programmers will get you going faster, quicker. I had a hypertech, and it had awesome response, but it was rough feeling. I've got a Banks 6-gun on it right now and it's smoother in terms of application of power, but it goes faster than the hypertech did.

Edge is, by what everyone says, the choice if you want to go fast. I just wanted some extra a$$ without having to worry about anything.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Trippin said:
An exhaust system will also really change the way it spools up.

Short of the tuner or module itself, this is the number one way to quicker spool-up, with the number 2 way probably being a cold air intake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts