Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new PC filter head in your kits, would it be a good idea to lock-tite the nipple into the head before attaching the filter? It looks to me that there needs to be a good tight seat/seal at the top of the nipple where it attches to the head. If not, some fuel would bypass the filter. Iv'e read other reports that sometimes the nipple comes out when removeing the filter. This would not be a good idea when replacing filters over time. This seal needs to remain stable over time. Another reason why I do not like the PC head-- but I guess there are other positive trade-offs.-

Thanks Ken

·
Registered
326 Posts
Kwilson said:
would it be a good idea to lock-tite the nipple into the head
Man, that just sounds obscene.

But don't blame me for responding -- your last name got me!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Ken,

yes lock-tite would be fine. i've never needed it in the past with PC heads, but i have noticed that this batch of bad nipples tend to stick in the head because the threads don't screw in smoothly to the filter. on my 3 test heads, the nipple doesn't come out with the filter. if you have a bad nipple i will be getting replacements from PC which should alleviate it coming out. however a little lock-tite sure won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What is a "PC Head"?

My truck is on order and won't be built till next week, so I'm trying to learn as much as possible now.

Brian

·
Registered
646 Posts
Perma-Cool

·
Registered
403 Posts
PC Head is what Nick is now using on his Nicktane pre OEM fuel filter kit, in substituition for the Cat head previously used.

In other posts, Nick gives his reasons as lower overall height, less chance of air leaks due to not having a removable cap on top, and larger flow passages. A lower cost also allowed him to lower his prices!

I was in on the group buy where he introduced the change, and there was/is a bit of controversy about the unannounced change, but with the exception of some small QC problems on the permacool head that can be easily user remedied it seems a good move.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Have all the problems been worked out now using the Permacool head? I have just placed my order for the Nicktane kit.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
so far i haven't heard of any others. i'm now testing all the nipples prior to shipment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts