Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard you are installing one of Nick's Cat filter on your dually and was curious if you were going to do anything special to battle cold winters. I want to get one and install it now but I'm a little concern about there not being a water drain. I don't think the fuel would gel up overnight ,but I'm a little concern about the wind chills it would be subject to. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
10-ton

Cat sells a water separator filter, the type with the petcock (sp) drain .... It will mount to the same head as the 4950 and 49 .... I can post PICS and part numbers if you desire ....

I run an additive so I'm not concerned .... I believe with a water emulsifier gelling will be a non issue with winter blend fuel in colder climates with a 2um fuel filter pre OEM mount on the frame rail ....

Mac

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mackin

Thanks for the info . Is the water seperator filter also a 2 micron. If you could post the pics and part numbers that would be great.Sounds like I might be making too big a deal about the water drain, but I just like to explore all my options. Thanks.

Brian

·
Registered
19 Posts
10-Ton,

Wind Chill does not effect inanimate objects the way it does flesh. The wind chill will only make objects reach ambient temps. quicker (not lower) than it would if the wind is not blowing. No need to worry about your fuel gelling due to wind chill.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts