Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK not sure what happened but here goes again....

Sorry buddy, i didn't want to put you on the spot but the local dealers in SW PA don't seem to want to help. My neighbor had an 02 and he added factory keyless entry kit from the dealer. My question is, does GM offer the same type of kit for a 03-04? Some say yes some say no, there's a guy on ebay selling one for an 03 but he says he doesn't know if it works or not. I have asked this question before but I don't want some aftermarket hack job on my truck. Do you know if GM makes one for an 03?

thanks

dan

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I dont know if GM sells a keyless entry for specific vehicles, but I do know they offer a kit to install it. I dont know how good or not good they are, but regardless, stick with a brand name kit. I would ask in the accessories forum who has what and how they like it if your dont go with the GM unit. You will be better off getting feed back from people that have the units. Sorry, not much better help then that

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to buy the kit on ebay, I got it for $40 inc. shipping. It took me about 10 mins. to install. I just plugged in the new pass side door window/lock switch module and it works like the factory SHOULD have installed to begin with! I couldn't believe it was so easy!

thanks Eric

dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rattlewagon - if you don't mind, what was the name of the keyless entry kit you put in?

Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it off ebay, do a search for "Silverado keyless kit" it is meant for a truck that already has power locks/windows. I got mine for $39.99 including shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts