Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the threads and checked out different websites and the Revo's are generally rated a top performance tire. I am looking to get a set of new tires for my future Chevy 2500HD next year. I have noticed that there has been some negative comments concerning the tire's preference for picking up gravel and rocks. I am asking because we have a long gravel driveway with a crush-2inch rock base. The last thing I want to do is to pick up and then kick out rocks on a frequent basis. How bad is this Bridgestone tread problem?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can't tell the difference with mine from any other LT tire I have owned. I think some may confuse the circumstances when putting on new tires. The generally are replacing worn out tires. Every time I buy new tires they pick up more rocks than the old ones I pulled off. Going from 3/32 tread to 16/32-21/32 tread will make a difference.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have 285s on Mine and I am Very Pleased,Very good ride as long as you dont run over 50psi in the rear, No rock Problem Here!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just put a new set on my Suburban and they're great. During our recent bout with winter, I could actually hear the tires cut into the snow. I fling a stone or two but as the Professor said, that's normal for this type of tire. Nobody came close to the price I paid at TireRack.com

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used the tirerack price to bargain with my local firestone dealer. I paid about $100 more than what it would have cost from the tire rack shipped. The local price included mounting balancing and to my surprise, road hazard coverage. It was about $100 less than the first price they quoted me.

I get to try mine out in snow this afternoon, the storm is about 100 miles East.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How many miles are you guys honestly getting out of your Revo's?

The reason that I ask, is I had my tire guy track down the only 4 285's that he could find in all of western Canada. 3 in a warehouse, one at another store. I said "let's go for it" if he could talk the other store out of that single tire. He said "okay".

5 minutes later he phoned back. That store claimed that the tire was a take-off, and one of many being brought back. Seems that they are great brand new, but almost immediately wear very quickly - like under 20k miles and gone - when they see any kind of gravel at all, on our relatively heavy trucks, when loaded.

Now, he doesn't care what tire he's selling me, really. It's a small shop and he's up-front and I trust the guy. So we've decided to stick a set of Cooper Discoverer A/T's (going from 265's to 285's) back on the truck for a price that nobody else can touch (so he isn't making any more or less profit on a different tire brand). 60k miles (not km) on the Coopers...

I'm not knocking the Revo's. They look like a great tire, and I wanted them (and nothing is written in stone, we just have to find a 4th tire and I could still get them onto the truck.) But this is what my tire guy is coming back and telling me, and can anyone substantiate or refute this report out of Alberta?

--Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had 245 75 R 16 Load E Revos on my 98 Chev K2500 (C6P) (just traded for my D/A) and loved them ! had 28000 miles when traded and they still looked very good. Yes, the are a "gravel magnet" but everything else was perfect. Best deal was from my Firestone store, beat all the independents by a large margin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts