Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, if any, effect will the Z height have on the vehicles handling characteristics? I ask this question because I recently took my '07 4x4 CCSB2500HD on a death ride through the mountains of West VA. I could not believe how badly this truck handled compared to my '02 4x4 ext cab 3500 dually. So bad that as soon as I got back from my trip I promptly purchased a set of anti-sway bars from Tom Fredericco to address the loose feel that the truck has.

Anyway....while waiting for the anti-sway bars to arrive I decided to adjust the Z height on my truck approx 3/4"-1". This has had a marked effect on the trucks handling.

Any one want to explain why?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
many have gotten the cognito idler/pitman arm supports and have said it has tighten up the front end, which would give a tighter and more secure feeling. im gesing the "Z" hieght ur refering to cranking the t-bars, havent heard this term in a while. anyhow yes cranking them will stiffen the front ride quality. i have mine a 1.5" and noticed little to no difference but others say they do. did u get an alighnment after this adjustment?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts