Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a used preditor for my 06 lbz i had bought one once before for my 04 lb7 and it was also used it was vin locked it the other guys truck my question is if the guy put the stock setting back in his truck would it be unlocked to work in my truck i know the bullydog power pup don't vin lock when the stock setting i put back in the truck help would be apprecated thanks

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Its kinda wierd. Some programmers vin lock and others do not. I personally didnt want the chance so I bought one new here from one of our vendors for $300 shipped.

·
Banned
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
who is the vendor because i looked on the market place and the best he would do shipped was 275 and it would be taking a chance

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Thouroughbred Diesel...

Cheapest price I've found yet.

Just off his site...

"Diablo Sport Predator Power Programmer $319.00"

I guess he went up a little. Shipping is free though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try Xtreme Diesel - $300 shipped.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
If you put the stock program back in you can then use it on a different truck.

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
haulin-rv;1576882; said:
If you put the stock program back in you can then use it on a different truck.
Not always.

Predator tend to "marry" itself to the origional truck it has previously tuned. Hypertech does the same thing. Not sure about Superchips or anything else.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This Predator I just got that I already have a post on here about, is from one of the above vendors, $301.25 delivered. The owner`s manual says that after you reinstall the factory setting, it can be used on another truck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just got the Predator and was reading the owner's manual, its says on the 1st page that it mirrors it, but I haven't yet tried it because I'll be sending it to the dealership. Will let you all know

·
Registered
167 Posts
good to know I will be selling mine real quick just got efi live ordered

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
just bought one ...300 to my door...its probably not as good as efilive but it will get me by for now...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree I love mine but my father said hey want EFI live, what else would I say no:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts