Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 06' LBZ CC & am wondering about a programmer. From what I've read, it sounds like it will be worth the wait for the Edge to come out. I am desperately seeking better gas mileage & its alwalys good to have a little extra power. I also am an absolute newbie to programmers & such. My questions are: Around how much will this edge programmer cost?-Do you need to have any other mods before you get a programmer?-Is it safe, warranty wise, to have this on your truck? Thanks all!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well...

I recently bought a 06' LBZ CC & am wondering about a programmer.
Congratulations on the new ride... :beerchug: and :welcome: to the forum.

AND... You've made the right decision coming here for "Thoughts" (Advice)

(As you can see by my Sig) I have one too... I bought the Bully Dog Power Pup. ~$400.00. It has three settings (Other than stock).

On (1) Tow/Haul I saw a significant increase in power and about 2 to 5 MPG increase. (It's hard to keep my foot out of it)

On (2) Performance I saw "WOW"... But I was told (By guys here on the forum) to be careful... The Transmission could be harmed.

On (3) Extreme... I tried it once... I was told (Again, here) to not use it without a Transmission Mod, and Gauges...

I (now) keep it on (either) Stock or Tow/Haul until I (either) run out the warranty, or get the Transmission modification.

Check out the Allison threads...

Have fun with your new truck. :exactly:

By the way... You need to "Do" your signature, AND... Post some pictures ):h

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Kimosabe! Is the edge going to be similarly priced &
which programmer will be more flexible, options wise?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Try this...

Is the edge going to be similarly priced & which programmer will be more flexible, options wise?
You're outta my league...

First you should look at "Supporting Vendors". "One of them" is Diesel Performance Parts. (Not that they are the "Best" or the "Only")

Their website (for GM Stuff) is http://www.dieselperformanceparts.com/gm.html Take a look there and/or call them.

Take a look at some of the others, too. AND... you might consider a "Search" for what your looking for.

Have fun.

Some of you other guys (who know more) should jump in and help, too. :exactly:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Edge w/ Attitude will be more expensive. It is nice because, if you get the Attitude monitor, it can display things like boost, egt, trans slip %, etc., and you can change power levels on the fly. As far as options go there are things it can do that a programmer can't and there are things a programmer can do that it can't. Being a harness box you can't pull DTCs or reprogram for non stock tire size. You can calibrate the Attitude display for non stock tire size, but it won't calibrate your factory speedometer. If you want more specifics about what it can do just check out their website.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
MDaniels21,

Currently the Bully Dog is the ONLY programmer available, the Superchisp will be here in a few days. The Edge will be a plug in underhood box that will have the option of the Attitude monitor too. They are a while down the road from last weeks info I got though! Call us if you have any questions, we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
93 Posts
when the outlook moniter comes out for the 06 powerpup it should have all the same features as the attitude i think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts