Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has nothing to do with trucks but I was just wondering if anybody knows anythng about hauling trailers for FEMA. If you know of contatcs or anything at all it would be greatly appreciated. I'm laid off of work for the next couple of months so I am flexible for dates and times.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I'm sorry I can't help you with FEMA. I hope you'll be successful in getting work until you go back to work. I'll be praying for you.

The moderators will probably move this to the off topic section.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A buddy of mine at work told me that there were openings for truck owners, and they had to be at least 3/4 ton rated trucks....I will ask him tomorrow...They were paying for the fuel, and paid you for each haul...

Mike

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
They run trailers out of Indana IIRC. If i remember hearing correctly you have to take an orientation. You can leave from there or take trailers whenever you can. Ill see if i can find a contact #

·
Registered
338 Posts
FEMA trailers

I live in Baton Rouge where hey are staging the actual deliveries and setups to N.O. and some of Ms. I am supposed to be going in the am to talk to one of the contractors who hire drivers. The word is 2 bucks per mile plus fuel as per a previous post. Sounds a little high to me but I will post back Monday if I can.

Later

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the replys. Any other information would be greatly appreciated. I myself have a 2500HD lly Duramax ec./sb. 4x4 It has been a great truck overall. Never been back to the dealer for a single thing as of yet. Again thanks for all your replys to my question.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was going to do it, but I cant because im not 23. But it has to be a 3/4ton, have a CDL, brake controller, pass dot inspection, then they give you a magnet dot number, you also have to get a physical and some other things, but thats the main thing. The pay is about $1.20 per loaded mile, so you usually profit about 600 after fuel and hotel (if you decide to stay).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts