Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have an 05 2500HD 285/75/16 BFG's AT on 16x8 american racing teflon mojaves with green keys, i now have it cranked to about the max i can go without the upper control arm bottoming out on the bump stop about 3/4 inch clearance . now if i install the cognito leveling kit with new upper control arms cranked to the same height , will there be more clearance between the new upper control arm and the stop, thus allowing me to crank more for addional height? and am i limited to just the bilsteins, or can i use a remote resevoir shock like pro comp or fox?
thank you for any input..

·
Premium Member
9,432 Posts
Yes you can go alittle higher. If you are about 3/4" of space right now w/OEM UCA's then you will gain a tadd more travel. With the Cognito UCA you want to still maintain no less than 1/2" - 3/4" to keep a nice ride. I would highly recommend the Bilstien's. It will be tight getting a Fox or other Res. style shock.

Nor-Cal Nick

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much is a tad? are we talking an inch in height or just a 1/4 inch . i dont want to spend the money for a 1/4 inch in height, if its like an inch or more than to me it would be worth it,
thanks agin,

·
Gone but not forgotten member
11,311 Posts
i'm in the same position. If I could gain 1 more inch of travel it would be hightly worth it to me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
sorry Nic, cant get my camera to work, but the pic your looking for i dont inderstand why you need to see them, i have 3/4 inch space now and when i jack up the front yes they hit the bump stops, , if the new arms will give me more room then great, i want them . what else can i answer for you without sending pics? if i understand , the leveling kit allows for more downward travel over stock, correct ? so then yes it will give me more room? im just confused??????
thanks ,
or anyone else have an answer for me, thank you too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Nick i just got your PM ill be intouch for some new shocks and rear blocks after the holidays , thanks
Happy Holidays to all..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts