Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I have had alot of trouble with my truck over the last year. Coupled with an auto accedent that left me in a coma for 6 weeks, tons of broken bones, and loosing vision in one eye my attitude has suffered. Goldsburg and others (sorry to leave anyone else out) Have tried to help me find the problem. I have tinkered here and there when I have felt good but I still cant get around very well so I never got it fixed.
I admit soon as I was able to walk/work again I was gonna buy a new truck. (Ford)
Anyway I called Quantam for advise. He has helped me do some light mods to my truck in the past and he doesnt live too far away.
He sugested that I let him take the truck home and check it out. I did and he spent no telling how long tracking down the problem while trying to install an engine in his truck as well as keep farming/ranching.
He returned the truck to me a couple weeks ago and it runs like it did when I bought it with 20k miles on it. Im not sure exactly what he did to fix it. Im sure it was a combination of things. Maybe he will post and let us know.
The $$ he charged was so reasonable I cant even mention it. I have nothing to gain by publicly thanking him but 6 mechanics assured me I needed an injector pump and a new engine. So thanks again QM and thanks to all of you for providing a place we can share information.
Sorry to ramble but I now have a 10 year old truck with 300,000 miles that functions like new. :ro)
Thanks for reading
Best,
Justin

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
5'ers to QM, and glad you're still with us, Justin.

Here's wishing you continual recovery...............

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
He's just a good guy, plain and simple. Wish more folks where like him. Good luck with your recovery

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
This is why I come here every day. Good luck with your recovery.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
This is why I come here every day. Good luck with your recovery.

My feelings exactly. Best of luck with your recovery. Glad you're still here.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Terrific story,

Thanks for sharing.

Kudos to QM, for all he has done, and continues to do, for all the 6.5 community!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Justin, glad to hear your OK, and recovering.
QM is awesome to work with... I had the pleasure to meet him once, and he showed me how to do the optic bump, gave me a spring to use for a home made TM, and even shared a couple of his beers with me, and he asked for nothing in return. Even know to this day I still feel I own him something, a beer, helping him turn wrenchs, building a fence, just something... I coundn't have asked for better person to meet. I hope & wish I get the chance to meet with him agian just to talk with him about the 6.5TD.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hats off to QM, a great jesture of humanity. Keep on with the recovery. We all should be thankful we live in a free country were people still care about thier neighbors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for posting I hope QM read this post.
Thanks to all for the well wishes. I have been fighting this wreck sense June of last year. They did the surgery on my foot today and the prognosis looks grim. The Dr. said my foot was much worse than he expected and I am lucky I have been able to walk at all.
He further stated that my ranching days are over. Says if I ever work again it will be a desk job. $hitty news as I am only 30 y/o. I just hope I get enough range in my ankle to continue playing steel guitar. Maybe I can make it a full time career. Sorry to ramble and drift off topic. Thanks for caring enough to read this.
Back to topic one more high five to QM . (My truck drove perfectly on the 6hr trip to hospital today

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Thats QM alright. A REAL stand up kind of guy.
He is one of a very few I really want to met sometime just to shake his hand and say thanks for all he has done for members here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree QM is a good guy to have around, and very resonably $.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Thank you, Justin, guys.

I didn't have the time to do all I intended to your truck, but when I scanned it, it occasionally threw several DTC's at once. 0216 (Stepper circuit), 1214 TDC offset, tranny temp high and U3900, undefined code.
TDC offset was 0.0*'s (factory is .25-.75 BTDC).

I cleared the DTC's and they wouldn't return untill after a restart or two of the motor (usually). OBDII might have reset the TDC offset automatically once the temp was 180*'s and the truck restarted without codes. At the time I had trouble with the auto enginuity scantool, it is finally working after updating all my microsoft files. If I get a chance I'd like to scan it again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QM I'm laid up again with my foot but soon as im able to drive ill bring it down. I hate to mess with it though as it is running great (thanks again). P.S. did you get the stuff I sent you?
Justin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts