Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any experiance with the XZT? I would like some feed back. can you stack programers with it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has any experiance with XZT? or is it that bad! or does no one like me?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't think anyone has really used that tuner. Too young. All the other tuners get too much publicity, so these kind of tuners get passed up real easy. Iwould like to know myself.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get it! I installed on my truck and drove 300 miles before it went into limp mode. Has done this three times. I'm sending back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah, me too. it is junk, I stacked it and got about a hundred codes...

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's too bad that the Ally can't take the power. I installed one on my 05 Ford Powerstroke and it works like a charm. The truck tows like a champ now. It's interesting to hear that it doesn't work on the Duramax, and helpful too, because my dad was thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
130 Posts
dc3655, Care to run that torqueshift againt my Ally to see which one can handle more? It has nothing to do with the tranny, its not a good chip. I never said it limped the tranny, pay attention, and do a sig.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
acording to the local speed shop punk kid, the quadzilla adds a minimum of 215 rwhp (first laugh) then he told me it would easily beat efilive and any other tuner. I told him I thought ppe was the strongest canned tuner for the duramax.

I think the reason this tuner is not well known is because it is fairly new and I dont think it is that great. wish I could help more sorry I just had a good laugh about that tuner I thought I would share.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
dc3655;1627201; said:
That's too bad that the Ally can't take the power. I installed one on my 05 Ford Powerstroke and it works like a charm. The truck tows like a champ now. It's interesting to hear that it doesn't work on the Duramax, and helpful too, because my dad was thinking of getting one.
:blahblah:
Any one who would say that, deserves a FORD!-:t Your dad is at least capable of thinking.:anitoof: The XZT series just does not work. I get alot more power with lower EGT's with the Predator on 85 HP tune and no DTC's. The Ally handles that and more just fine. Keep towing with that FORD, y'll get a new trany in a few miles. Oh, if the engine lasts.
:rippedhan

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mic Hubble;1627332; said:
dc3655, Care to run that torqueshift againt my Ally to see which one can handle more? It has nothing to do with the tranny, its not a good chip. I never said it limped the tranny, pay attention, and do a sig.

Sure, i will. The trqshift can handle more power than the ally in a stock trans, period. It's shifts are flawless compared to the ally, and i could set a watch by them wether it be stock or set on kill. Im a gm guy 100%, only reason we have a ford is because of gm is too damned stupid to put a diesel in a burb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
heartbeatcanada;1629582; said:
Sure, i will. The trqshift can handle more power than the ally in a stock trans, period. It's shifts are flawless compared to the ally, and i could set a watch by them wether it be stock or set on kill. Im a gm guy 100%, only reason we have a ford is because of gm is too damned stupid to put a diesel in a burb.
Both transmission are good. The torqueshift shifts well and when tuned correctly has proven to be quite stout. The 6.0 in front of it is a different story. The allison hands down kicks the torqueshifts *** for towing, hauling, and tow/haul downshift, and upshift strategy. Also the duramax is making a lot more power than the ford when tuned correctly so I really dont know if its that the torqueshift is stronger, or that a few mods on the dmax are making more power, therefore trashing the tranny easier.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Jwsunset;1629627; said:
Both transmission are good. The torqueshift shifts well and when tuned correctly has proven to be quite stout. The 6.0 in front of it is a different story. The allison hands down kicks the torqueshifts *** for towing, hauling, and tow/haul downshift, and upshift strategy. Also the duramax is making a lot more power than the ford when tuned correctly so I really dont know if its that the torqueshift is stronger, or that a few mods on the dmax are making more power, therefore trashing the tranny easier.
Well said...

Fords are crap...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How this got into a Ford v GM I donknow. The torquesh*t trany may well be a good trany. But, it is outa its leage to compare it with the ally. The ally has much more size and mass let alone the computer system and valving. Any one who would compare the two and say they are even close to equel just does not know what they are taking about. I know a guy that has been thru three TS in his ford and then had engine truble.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
another informative thread gone down the drain.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Erkius;1632344; said:
How this got into a Ford v GM I donknow. The torquesh*t trany may well be a good trany. But, it is outa its leage to compare it with the ally. The ally has much more size and mass let alone the computer system and valving. Any one who would compare the two and say they are even close to equel just does not know what they are taking about. I know a guy that has been thru three TS in his ford and then had engine truble.
And i suppose me owning both and comparing apples to apples don't mean squat????? Do you own both to compare or is it all hearsay??? I could go through 3 allys all within an hour of being new, whats your point????? Were you there when they failed????? If the drivers a moron they will all fail. I know more allys failing than trqshifts with around the same hp, my truck was one, the wifes excursion, still clickin off those shifts like clockwork set on extreme 24/7/365.......................the motor different story:rolleyes:

If the quadzilla tuners have stayed on par of what they were for the lb7, they make good hp, but the driving quality was always an issue ,and glitches when loading or unloading were always happening. Maybe they have changed, i don't know.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I hav had both and lets just say that is why i drive a chevy. If the motor doesnt run right it doesnt matter how good the tranny is.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahhhhh

8100 Power;1637980; said:
I hate fords, I would drive a new dodge over a ford anyday...:)
On a GM forum? AHHHHHH!-:t -:t -:t

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
The LBZ Allison has already been in the 13's in stock trim.

Heck, I stuffed an LLY Allison into the 13 stock. Didn't survive but neither has a TorqueShift.

It would be nice to see how a TorqueShift would handle 1500ftlb at the tires, but there is no way to find out unless you put it behind a Dmax or Cummins.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts