Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Been looking at the new Quadzilla Tuner, I have the Predator just for Tire reflach, top speed de-limiter and scanning, currently running a HOT OJ stacking with a VA Pressure Box.

Still am waiting to see about some new tunes for the Predator but anyway anyone running that Quad Box yet???

GMC

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bybycop said:
Have you had any problems with warranty work after sooping up your rig? What is the best to do first? What exhaust are you running?

Out of sight and out of mind.

Everything is unpluggable, they don't see it, so I don't worry about it.

GMC

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bybycop said:
How do you like the sound of you Banks? Did you install it? How long did it take?

The BANKS was easy to install. If you get one take the passenger rear shock out as well as the passenger fender liner. A COUPLE OF BOLTS on the exhaust and it's done. Had it in and out 2 hours with the truck lifted by a jack only.

GMC
Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bybycop,

Yes it does lower EGT's by at least 150-200 degrees at WOT.

Fit and finish is first rate.

If you buy one you will not regret it.

Buy EGT and Boost gauges before you put the exhaust on then see the difference yourself.

GMC

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I agree with GMC-2002-Dmax.. get the Banks. excellent product. great sound! Not annoyingly loud either. i got the gauges before the exhaust as i wanted to believe there was a difference.. which there WAS. about 150-200 just as stated above...

As for the quad box, none yet but i sure like that new predator.. i'd really like to run against someone with a quad.. just not king d...hehehehEdited by: Diesel Power

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have both the Hot Juice and recently picked up a Quadzilla Stealth Tuner, 135 HP model. I really like the Quad. They are very close in performance. My Hot Juice defueled allot on hard runs. I talked with Aaron about his and they really didn't have a cure. Said the Controller may have some features that could help this issue.

I towed with the Quad recently and it did a very good job. I'm liking the Quad allot, but am also waiting to see what the controller brings.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The Stealth 135 is sweet! Has lots of power. And it runs cooler then the truck will run when in stock trim. I read that somewhere, and thought, "yea! right" but it really does. 50-100* cooler. and 200-300* cooler then the new 120+hp Predator. And has a little more power as well.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
hdmax said:
The Stealth 135 is sweet! Has lots of power. And it runs cooler then the truck will run when in stock trim. I read that somewhere, and thought, "yea! right" but it really does. 50-100* cooler. and 200-300* cooler then the new 120+hp Predator. And has a little more power as well.
hey i posted that about it being cooler in my initial post on the stealth glad you can back me up,so folks dont think i am a liar...jess

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Jess; you are the one I was talking about, but didn't want to name you.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The 70 hp setting should never give you any problems. I ran the Predator on the highest setting for more then 1400 miles while towing 10,000#. And the exhaust temperatures never were an issue. And the transmission only zinged once, and that was my fault for trying to push it a little to hard up a 4 mile 12% grade at 65 mph. I got in to it a little trying to force a down shift.

I do have a 4" Banks exhaust, and an AFE stage II air filter setup. I almost always run in the highest settings or the next to the highest. (unless I am expermenting with settings of different boxes)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the input. I know Im going to be the same way. I know that I will always want it in the highest setting. Im a speed freak, just worry about my tranny and engine?

With your AFE II did you see a differance in egt's? A guy at the GM dealer said any aftermart filter system will void warranty. He said you can change the filter but not the whole system. Thats a crock of sh%t if you ask me. Are you able to hear the turbo whine more? I sure hope so!

Mike

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The guy don't know his ass from a hole in the ground! If something happened to the engine and they could show that the air filtation system caused it then yes it would void the warranty. Such as debris going through the air cleaner and in to the engine.

I did not notice any difference in exhaust temperatures with the AFE. However, the turbo sounds like a very loud whistle now. Atleast 5-10 times louder now.

As for running on the higher settings, just make sure you give it a lot of time and miles for the truck and tranny to adapt to the new found power.

With the Quadzilla Stealth 135hp and 4" exhaust with a good flowing air filter, I can not see temperatures ever being an issue.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
guys my service manager told me that gm rold them to void these trucks with aftermarket air intakes on them.he told me if it comes in for electrical leave it on if it comes in for engine related put stock back on....who knows,i feel like they are leveling with me but who knows.i do know for normal electrical things that have popped up have left nos and propane hooked up once,service manager ask me to please not bring it back in like that ,i told him i wouldnt but something came up that needed fixing asap......jess

1 - 20 of 55 Posts