Diesel Place banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used the trans feature in the Stealth II? I think is was called "trans reset" but I am not sure. What does it do? I have not did it and the instructions said nothing about it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was running the 50 tune for a couple of weeks,then the 110 tune for a couple of weeks without the trans reset. Reset the trans this weekend---world of difference. It extends the shift points,smoother,just makes the truck enjoyable..So far,I really like this 110 tune..I'm running a full tank of fuel through it to check my mileage.

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
well actually it resets the taps and puts the trans in fast learn mode since are trans are adaptive learnig it is constantly learning looking for the perffect shifts. it is a good idea to reset taps when upping power levels. or when ever your trans learns some bad shifting habits

·
Registered
169 Posts
well actually it resets the taps and puts the trans in fast learn mode since are trans are adaptive learnig it is constantly learning looking for the perffect shifts. it is a good idea to reset taps when upping power levels. or when ever your trans learns some bad shifting habits
can reset this with a tech 2?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
yes you can

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why does the Stealth2 say something like...."Not Recommended" when you get to the screen to select the Trans Reset?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good question,maybe for a manual trans? I ignored it and it works great..

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yes and Yes
absolutely. It's amazing how easy big noticeable gains are to get with these tuners and diesels, vs the same tuners and gas engines. You will love the Stealth II.

Jody

·
Registered
767 Posts
funny i just did my tranny relearn last night much better.. as well jumped to the 50hp no dpf tune. will see how it works

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think it is DPF delete specific. It is under Diagnostic Options.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I reset my tranny after going to the 50 hp (no dpf) tune and didn't really see a change in shifting immediately thereafter nor after a couple days driving it. Maybe it doesn't do what we believe its suppose to do. Its easy to assume, but I've seen very little directly from QZ as to what that option really does.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think you need a higher tune to feel the trans relearn..

·
Banned
4,035 Posts
when you reset the trans and put it in fast learn mode you should at med throttle go through the gears 6 times completely and then again for th mode as tht learns seperatley . then slowly increse your power it will learn pretty quick but will generally take baout a half day of light stop and go driving to learn. our tras only learns when its shifiting. so dont reset it and jump on the intersate. hope this helps a little

1 - 18 of 18 Posts