Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
notice they share the first 3 tunes of 70, 90 and 110, are they comparable in tune, and the main difference of the performance model is the addition of the 135, or are the first 3 have different maps from each other?? I realistically will likely never tow over 5k,a nd very rarely at that...like once a year, so is it safe to say the performance model will be better...and wait to use the 135 till I beef up the clutch a bit. Any issues with this tuner??

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have the performance model, and it came as 70/90/110/135. I used to have the tow tuner, and never used the lower levels, so I upgraded. If you can afford it, you should get the performance version. You should have no trouble towing with it. I tow my 7000lb trailer on the 110hp setting with no EGT issues, but I have guages, exhaust and intake. If I were you, I would at least get an EGT guage if you don't have one already.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EGT is planned shortly, more worried about fragging the engine and whatnot, worried if I have the 135 available..I might use it often :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've had mine on the 135 setting since the day I got it. I only tow in the summer, so I don't know if it would run too hot on that setting, but as soon as spring hits, I'm going to find out. I don't like the idea of changing the tune up and down each time I want to hook up the trailer. I would rather just take it easier when towing and drive by the EGT rather than the speedo.

Anyway, I beat on it several times every day, and have never had a problem. I don't know if you would have the same luck though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts