Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am a new comer to this site and i just purchased a 06 duramax with the lbz and i was wanting to know if anyone had any luck with the Quadzilla Stealth 2 or heard anything good or bad about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got one. on an LB7 - works great but i know they dont make anywhere near as much power on the other motors. i'd look around for something else if you have an 06

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Quadzilla stealth 2 on my 2007 classic. Works great. Good power at 70hp. Very smooth shifts. Motor sounds stock, no extra rattling. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Any better mileage?

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes but it all depends on how you drive it. you might gain 2 -3 mpg if you drive it normal.

·
Registered
380 Posts
How hot does it get (EGTs)? Does it add boost? WHat other programmers have you used in the past and how does it compare?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Anything on the hot box yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the replies i went ahead and got the Quadzilla programmer before anyone replied back and i am very satisfied with it. getting about 3 miles to the gallon better on the 70 horse setting and when you get on it it goes raced a buddy who has power pup dont know what level his was on but his has exhaust and intake and i beat him so i am happy so far

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont know how hot it gets yet, im waiting on my gauge to get here, i'll let you know by this weekend.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Quad at 70

I put mine in 3000 miles ago & that thing runs like heck. Last night I was grossing 23000 lbs & cruising at 60-70MPH it stays in 6th gear & pulls the hills with no loss in speed. Empty at 13000 lbs & loaded at 23000 lbs running between 60-75mph in towns & country it averaged 11mpg.90 hp is a lot of fun but pulling the trailer is tough cause it likes to spin the tires a little to much.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok i got some EGT Numbers for you, these numbers are true for both the 70 and 90 hp tunes with the MBRP 5' full exhaust. these are all pre-turbo numbers.

WOT thru the gears = 1150
WOT @ 117 mpg = 1350 (careful doing those)
90 mph cruising on the highway for over 5 minutes = 550
-----------------------------------------------------------
as soon as i install the SC tranny and turn it up to the 215 hp tune i'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Does this have defueling at shifts to help the tranny?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Defuel

No Defuel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i'm not really sure; mine does feel like it defuels when upshifting; but i could be wrong. I would call quadzilla and ask. talk to jeremy in tech; he knows his stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
ok chip but to mild I like my mcrat tune with efilive

·
Registered
380 Posts
Aren't those EGTs for a LB7. That doesn't apply. THe LBZ is a whole new animal. I had an LB7 with a quad and loved it but I am disappointed in my evo with the LBZ as it runs hot. Once summer is here and the truck gets hooked up to my trailer and Bobcat I am going to have to uninstall the evo because it doesn't have a stock setting with the tire correction like the quad. It gets too hot at 22,000lbs.

I am really curious who likes their quad on a LBZ. I do like evo as it is internet updateable and is a really neat gauge package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
you can run the quad on the 90 horse setting cause i tried it the other day and as soon as i took off it felt like the tranny slipped so i just turned around and put it back on the 70 horse setting but then some one told me that the tranny has to learn the new tune and i thought you were suppose to be able to retrain your tranny with this or does it do it automaticaly

Coghlin i will be getting a boost gauge and pyrometer here soon so ill let you know

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll soon see.............Stuff is on the way

·
Registered
36 Posts
im selling my stealth 2 if anyone is interested. pm me.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got my stealth tuner today, I like it better than my PPE. It seems to not rattle as much and feels just as fast if not faster. Im getting my suncoast in the next week or so and then Ill do some real testing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts