Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Were the dyno runs on a 4WD or 2WD truck?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
those are the same numbers basically I got from the 215

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
interesting how the power pup 155 makes similar power to the quad 215

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
add a little fuel pressure to the bully dog and I bet their are real similar......maybee a bullzilla........could this be the difference
between the two

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
CYCLONE said:
2004 CREW CAB 4X4 SHORT BED 285 TIRES

I am guessing 285/75-16 for the tires? Still trying to figure out how my 2WD with 285/60-18's (My tires would be about 1.37in smaller)made 40 more horsepower on the same type of dyno.

I really can't see 4WD making that big of a difference but we saw the same results between mine and SDAVER's truck at the Suncoast event. Anybody else have some 2WD dyno results or other ideas?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
man you just got a fast truck
.......what were your 215 numbers unstacked

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
In the 473 to 477 range. Every run broke the 470 mark easily.

On edit: I found an older sheet that has a couple of Quad runs on it.

Edited by: BMDMAX

·
Banned
328 Posts
Funny thing is that Cyclone was at the dyno when we were consistantly making 465+ hp on an otherwise bonestock truck. The other funny thing is that when we loaded a tuner on a non biased stock truck at this same dyno is made almost 220hp??

Am I lying Chris?

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
so going by BMDMAX's Dyno charts i guess 544 is a reasonable HP number then.

Quad, do you have a pic of the ID tag from our stock turbo handy? i need it.

Thanks

J

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Nope, I can't say that. My truck has always made consistent low 500's with one of the hottest stacks around. It has never even come close to 544.

If I recall the big hubaloo on your deal you could not repeat the results either. Also, your numbers were consistent with just adding up the advertised gains from each module. If I were to make the same claim my numbers would be about 600 HP on #2 only.

If you truly did make 544 with that stack, why has no other HP or stack junkie done so as well? We should at least see more folks in the 500 HP range.

I have repeated my results on multiple days and multiple runs. I don't know of anyone posting evidence of consistent mid 500's on #2 with the stacks available of the shelf.

I really want to believe your 544 number. I hope your new DTT tranny helps out and you post the same or better. I was not trying to rehash that debacle in any event, I was just trying to figure out why my numbers are better than some others.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
BMDMAX said:
Nope, I can't say that. My truck has always made consistent low 500's with one of the hottest stacks around. It has never even come close to 544.

If I recall the big hubaloo on your deal you could not repeat the results either. Also, your numbers were consistent with just adding up the advertised gains from each module. If I were to make the same claim my numbers would be about 600 HP on #2 only.

If you truly did make 544 with that stack, why has no other HP or stack junkie done so as well? We should at least see more folks in the 500 HP range.

I have repeated my results on multiple days and multiple runs. I don't know of anyone posting evidence of consistent mid 500's on #2 with the stacks available of the shelf.

I really want to believe your 544 number. I hope your new DTT tranny helps out and you post the same or better. I was not trying to rehash that debacle in any event, I was just trying to figure out why my numbers are better than some others.

I sure wish i had more time available to test run on a couple of dyno's, unfortunately we were testing different torque convertors as well as 6 times re and re the tranny.... those installers at DTT sure did a great job!!!!! Darren and Vinny had it down to an hour at weeks end, and they were great during the whole process. Bill was great to talk to as well, very knowledgeable and to the point.

On the upside, i did get to help out with their newest drag car, and visit family some while i was there. Not to worry, more dyno events are coming and i willl redyno at all 3 of them (3 different styles of dyno) and take an average of each 3 places
That way i will satisfy my curiousity. Picks my ass that it will be a year since i bought the attitude and still have not upgraded my juice to run it, as i do not want to chance losing what could be a decent stack...i might just have to bite the bullet and buy another juice module in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
what I try to do is make a run and immediately repeat it. If its the same maybe one more to put away controversy....If the numbers change and the second two are drastically different then its dumped.......30-40 runs per session are not uncommon when trying lots of things. Engine and tranny temp weigh into this trial also.....

Brandon those numbers you have with the quad are about what I get stacked w/ the 145........so did mackin and another friend from canada........heck man you got a good truck.

So quad no comments on the bullzilla theroy....your silence is deafning
Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
sdaver said:

LMAO!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Definetely Brandons got a good truck. Pretty sure your implying on my runs Daver, seems us 4x4 trucks get hosed.
We try to do the same thing as in do back to back and make sure it wasn't a fluke. The only time was yesterday when i only got one good solid run on the nos, and then my pressure started going down the drain and so my numbers started to dwindle as well every run after. They were close to my high number for the day, just kept falling little by little as well as bottle pressure
Oh well next time, we'll play with some jets

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quadzilla said:
Funny thing is that Cyclone was at the dyno when we were consistantly making 465+ hp on an otherwise bonestock truck. The other funny thing is that when we loaded a tuner on a non biased stock truck at this same dyno is made almost 220hp??

Am I lying Chris?

I am not here to call any one a lier!

I have never seen quad on this dyno other than at the dyno day where his truck made 6?? hp (I do not remember the exact # and do not want to mis quote. it is on his home page) the only duramax I saw on this dyno except mine was at the dyno day i loaned a 215 to a guy with tall tires and he made 420.

yes i have seen quad make 464.?? on a truck that belonged to his uncle at a different dyno that looked stock to me.

IF THIS ANSWERS ALL THE QUESTIONS FOR ME GREAT. FOR THE RECORD I DID NOT START THIS THREAD FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO UNLOAD DEAD MERCHANDICE FROM MY SHELF. AND AS OF ABOUT 2:45PM MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! THANKS

SO I WILL SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE SHOW!Edited by: CYCLONE

·
Banned
328 Posts
sdaver said:
what I try to do is make a run and immediately repeat it. If its the same maybe one more to put away controversy....If the numbers change and the second two are drastically different then its dumped.......30-40 runs per session are not uncommon when trying lots of things. Engine and tranny temp weigh into this trial also.....

Brandon those numbers you have with the quad are about what I get stacked w/ the 145........so did mackin and another friend from canada........heck man you got a good truck.

If you have enough money I will show you the fuel perssure maps on both tuners. Other than that I see no reason to argue something that no one else has any clue about. Do you think they are the same? Buy a puppy dog and then stack a VA pressure box and see what you get. I bet you don't see much gain.

If you have something intelligent to talk about or a good arguement then I would love to post back and forth about it. After all that is the best part of this site.

Oh and how was your latest day at the dyno?? Make some EXXXtreme #'s?

Man maybe I could throw some LPG and and catch up with you guys.

To whom it concerns,

Look familiar? If so you should feel like a JackA$$.

Greetings/ Best of xmas to you and your family.

Quad, i'm reviewing different boxes for the DMX on xxxxxxx.xxx and i was wondering if you would be interested in sending one up for a review. I know your programming is significantly different from the Bullydog programmer and the edge juice and i want to have your product in the mix as well so we can show fellow powermongers their options.

If you are interested PM for more details. Edited by: Quadzilla

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
quad what do ya call a twice baked potato cooked in a pressure cooker in texas?

stealth potato

·
Banned
328 Posts
In otherwords you don't have the money to back up your mouth, or you just don't have the huevos?

And

You still have not made any power at your dyno day.

Is that what I was supposed to read out of your last post? Or you want to just keep making useless comments? Or are you getting ready to pm me and tell me to call you so you can say you are just playing?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.