Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently had the unfortunate experience of getting my truck violated. They broke the drivers window and stole my brand new gps and my quad programmer. My question is how can I return my ecm to stock so I can start over? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
take it to the dealer and get it reflashed
yep thats about it......good luck explaining to the dealer why you need a reflash without letting them know you had a tuner

·
Banned
4,272 Posts
send me your vin....

maybe you have an active recall for a reprogram !

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Hey guys, I recently had the unfortunate experience of getting my truck violated. They broke the drivers window and stole my brand new gps and my quad programmer. My question is how can I return my ecm to stock so I can start over? Any help would be appreciated.

Did you write down the serial number of the tuner? In order for the guy to sell the quad it will have to be sent back to quad to get unlocked. If you can send quad the serial number maybe they can black list it if/when the guy calls quad asking to have it unlocked.

ben

·
Banned
4,272 Posts
Did you write down the serial number of the tuner? In order for the guy to sell the quad it will have to be sent back to quad to get unlocked. If you can send quad the serial number maybe they can black list it if/when the guy calls quad asking to have it unlocked.

ben

damn ben you've got your thinking cap on !

good call

·
Registered
147 Posts
that sucks. a couple years ago my trtuck got broke into and they got away with about 700 dollars in tools. i put some cat sh*t in one of my old tool bags and tossed it in the bed. about a week latter it came up missing. got there butts back. good luck getting back to zero.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys. It turns out I do have the open recall and I know a couple of guys at the dealer so it shouldn't be any trouble. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Hey guys, I recently had the unfortunate experience of getting my truck violated.
How long ago did this happen? I saw an ad on Craigslist (washington dc area section auto parts) with someone selling a Quad for $200 or so on there. The ad said they traded the truck and forgot to take the programming off and now they are stuck with the unit and can be unlocked.

I agree with calling them and telling them the serial number and to have them blacklist it and call you when someone tries to send it in. You may need your proof of purchase to send to them. They may be willing to help.

As far as flashing back - Know anyone with EFI? They can do it as well.

The dealer route may work with the open recall.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll sale you my Quad if you're interested in getting another one. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts