Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay gang, got my 110hp tuner yesterday and immediately flashed my truck for the 90hp tune and the correction for my 315 tire size. Here's my questtion, my DIC shows that I am getting around 30-40 mpg on a flat highway with the cruise set at 70. Now, I know that this isn't even close to being accurate, but I was under the impression that the speedo correction would correct my DIC information as well as my speedo. Is the 90hp tune casuing this to be off so far?

Thanks!!Edited by: bubz

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes, All the tuners seem to have this problem. The MPG can still be used as a relative measurement from tank to tank, but don't use the number as a literal measurement.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
just remember your dic has no conscience........it knows its wrong but it doesn't care.......If it were true can we all say "factory option"

·
Registered
47 Posts
bubz, hows your tranny shifts. I got my 110 last week and went straight to the 90 hp tune. Ran about 100 miles mixed driving. I saw some improvement, but decided to run the 50 (this morning) to see if it would learn faster. I'am getting some irratic shifts with some dead spots (it seems) and some shifts that sounds like the pilot injection is shuting off for a split second. Any one else seeing this?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the pilot rattles seems to be on the upper levels also.........most noticieable on an off the throttle lightly at highway speeds

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GPtimes2 said:
bubz, hows your tranny shifts. I got my 110 last week and went straight to the 90 hp tune. Ran about 100 miles mixed driving. I saw some improvement, but decided to run the 50 (this morning) to see if it would learn faster. I'am getting some irratic shifts with some dead spots (it seems) and some shifts that sounds like the pilot injection is shuting off for a split second. Any one else seeing this?

My tranny seems to shift pretty well..still a few erratic shifts. It seems to shift too soon in the lower gears.

It is simply amazing to feel the difference in power between stock and the 90hp tune. Everything seems the same until around 2,200 rpm....then hold on. I spanked all over a "powersmoke" last night (like I needed the extra HP to do that
)...

I'm still not sold on the mileage display (DIC) problem. I was a master driveability tech for 11 years before taking my current job (I'm a manager at ALLDATA). Instant fuel ecomony is calculated by factoring throttle angle, engine load, fuel injector pulse width, speed, and a few other insignificant factors together to form an "estimated" instant fuel economy. With my DIC now reading so high, it tells me that the computer thinks the engine is getting less fuel than it actually is. I'd really like Quad to explain why the tune(s) screw this up so badly. Maybe I am missing the boat here....but I don't think so.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
bubz said:
Everything seems the same until around 2,200 rpm....then hold on.

Is this typical? I understand you need rpm to make power but daily driving I rarely get above 2200 shifting normal. Yes rodding around is a different story.

I just what I'm asking is what kinda of power improvements are seen under 2200??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I shouldn't say that everything is the same below 2,200 rpm. The throttle response is greatly improved, but you won't see significant horsepower or torque increases until you reach 2,200 rpm and above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts