Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'am lookig for info on the quad 110 tuner such as, does it increase pump or rail pressures,pulse width, timing, or influence injectors somehow. Does it increase transmision line pressure. Also, do you think the tranny will hold up at 110 for the long haul or would it need to be set at 70 or 90 to get a long life as a daily driver and a little hot rodding. Will be towing a 3900# boat weekly in the season. Thanks for your wisdom.
I just know enough to know I don't know!

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
The 70 is fine for around town,

The 110 should be OK, if you are easy on it.

If you go for the 135 hp start saving for a tranny.

T
NY

·
Registered
238 Posts
It is a timing and fuel box. It will increase the timing and the fuel injector pulse width. It will not change anything with the fuel pressure or tranny. The only box out there right now that can "talk" to the transmission is the Juice.

Jess

·
Banned
328 Posts
jesshd said:
The only box out there right now that can "talk" to the transmission is the Juice.

Jess

Actually I can talk to it!

New tuners will have a transmission reset option for those that have soft shifts or those that are swapping trannies!

This will help the relearn mode.

Quad

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any EGT readings using the Quad, and while towing? I am looking for the coolest box.

·
Registered
340 Posts
This post has some great info! There is a couple others that have some more info on the egts.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=138&PN=1

I have the 135 stealth and love it. Mostly just run in the 110 setting just for tranny purposes. But love the raw power!!! If you are going to buy get it from Van Massy. He has been really great to work with!!

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am running the 135 and love it. I normally run on 90 just to save wear and tear on the clutch. EGT's are well within a good range. The truck actually runs cooler with the quad than stock. Quad's customer service is great and I highly recommend their product.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I also run the 135 and love it and it stays in the 135 mode from day 1 and have yet to limp the tranny and its been on 135 setting 1500 miles of the 3300 I have on it now

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Actually I can talk to it!

New tuners will have a transmission reset option for those that have soft shifts or those that are swapping trannies!

This will help the relearn mode.

Please explain these statements. Your reset button may clear a limp code but it wont help relearn. Trans will go into its slow relearn just like a scanner clearing a code. Slow.

Quad

[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
328 Posts
Well lets see here...

First since you don't have version 1.17 you wouldn't know about the reset.

Second you and your buddy are still too stupid to copy us.

Third, if you only knew what set of maps you have!

Ok now that the incompetent people are dealt with I can tell you how this works.

Oh and by the way in case you didn't know, I thought you might need a definition of incompetent.

Main Entry: in·com·pe·tent
Pronunciation: <TT>(")in-'käm-p&-t&nt</TT>
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French incompétent, from in- + compétent competent
Date: 1597
1 : not legally qualified
2 : inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose
3 a : lacking the qualities needed for effective action b : unable to function properly <incompetent heart valves>
- incompetent noun
- in·com·pe·tent·ly adverb

The tranny reset is like what is found on an Allison 1000 scan tool or a Tech 2. This is a new option users will have in the menu. Some people will want to reset the learning and others will not. We recommend trying to drive the truck without using the reset to start with. This reset will usually cause soft shifts to firm up and not be so sloppy.

Now you are correct about the scan tool, it only resets the 0700 series of codes for the transmission. I believe we are the only ones that can clear such codes, but this does not reset the trans. You are so smart
. Too bad you were unaware of the new part huh.

Another thing, you didn't see anything about transmission in any tuning, so pull your head out of your rear. You guys are too stupid to make up good lies.

And just for reference I have never look at any programming from the West coast, it seems the poeple most worried about being copied are really only scared of themselves.

I just can't wait for the release of the super tune.

</>

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Wowsers. This is gonna get good. Remember guys keep em above the waist and no scratching or pulling, lets have a clean fight
...okay........break. Let's get it on.......as Big John Mcarthy would say. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
380 Posts
Mackin,

Where do you get that stuff? It is too funny.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Quad

i have never knocked your product publicly or privately; i think you make a very good product. I asked a simple question and you more or less answered it. I wish you had been a little more civil in your answer and no i dont have the capability to look at anybodys program nor do i want to. I do transmissions, not programing. Sorry about the little jibe, it was for fun only

mike

·
Banned
328 Posts
Ok lets reverse this then.

I tore apart one of your trannies and I won't say what I saw inside.

All I can say is it does not do much more than stock, it will still slip.

Same sort of comment different parts, make you happy?

Second, I get tired of people trying to read our programming, but I guess if I didn't know how to tune I would try and copy too.

Quad

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any more insight on the original post would be apreciated. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts