Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after Ifinally got it to install the damn tune..this thing is a monster compared to the hypertech..you guys were right about the hypertech not giving anywhere near as much fuel!!! I saw over 1100 degrees at the top of 5th..and it pulls like crazy. Some impressions with the 110 and the 6 speed..2nd gear is borderline useless...WAY too twitchy right off idle, I'll get used to it though, second...there does not seem to be the 3400 rpm limiter you people describe, because I accidently zinged it to 3700 in 4th..woops So yeah..I am no longer worried my EGT was reading low on the hypertech..just a conservative tune is all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The new 110 is nice. A friend of mine just installed it. It pulled on my 100 Predator like I was standing still after 60mph.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe it..the top end pulls like crazy..be interesting to compare to a 120 predator..my truck especially likes above 60 rollons since it is a stick..that is its forte'

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you notice any weird vibrations when using the high levels?? Mine seems to have an exhaust vibration when using anything over the 50hp Quad Tune...Sounds like it is coming from the back of the turbo, maybe the Turbo down pipe........

·
Registered
154 Posts
For me it is hard to re-learn when to shift in the lower gears because of the surge around the 2000rpm area. Other than that it is hard to get the sh*t eatin grin off my face after a good pass.

onebadmax, no vibrations though.

Steve

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
I believe it..the top end pulls like crazy..be interesting to compare to a 120 predator..my truck especially likes above 60 rollons since it is a stick..that is its forte'

Wash the truck 1st!!!

I refuse to be beat by a truck "that has never been washed". LOL

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey...first off..you have 2wd..you'll likely outpull me being an auto...especially if we go from a stop, from a roll..might be very interesting, either way it would be close...lastly..I washed the truck the other day..it looks new again ish..I should do this more often...if only I owned some car wax..might try a better wash job and actually wax the beast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts