Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent back my Hot Juice last week and have the new Attitude back now. I dont want to get rid of my existing pillar mount gauges. So I was thinking of drill/tapping the Left hand manifold for the new probe, but really havnt even looked at it yet to tell you the truth.

The only other thought that I have had was to go ahead and install the new probe in the downpipe and just program for the heat difference.

Has anyone done this or does anyone have some better suggestions? Also would like to know if anyone has any ideas on a good mounting spot for the Attitude.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Since your already getting pre turbo reading, I'd select the post turbo as my second reading also .... Quite a few individuals have installed pyro's in this location, myself, not yet ....

Location of the Attitude has to be a matter of preference out in the open, or behind closed doors or, do I dare say it, Velcro .... Make no bones about it, if it seen you may have to explain it to the dealer ...

I have yet to get one, does it have a disconnect at the controller??

I would like to put mine up in the overhead console where the garage door opener would be .... Mount it to the door and open it while driving, adjusting or viewing, shut it and it's out of site and mind ....

Going to have to get one and start some look's see .....

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
My next one is on an Allison upgrade
If only I could get some pictures

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mackin, was so excited about my attitude that I actually never even thought of having to place it where it could be hidden or removed in case the truck was taken to the stealer for work. Thanks for the thought it will now dictate where and how the attitude is mounted.

The controller has a disconnect for the attitude monitor that has a 7 pin square connector and will require about a 3/8" hole in the firewall. One disappointing asspect is the length of cable as it is only 6' long and unless spliced and lengthened I'm sure that is going to be the true mounting factor. However it does come with what appears to be some kind of mounding hardware that uses adhesive tape and alows the monitor to be angled.

I assume the boost is read from the box itself since there is no hardware or connections for it. The probe IMHO lacks a little, it uses a brass compression fitting that appears to be 1/4 npt threads but enough cable to reach most anywhere. It connects directly to the box itself so removing it (Juice Box) for warranty work will not be as quick as the previous versions.

The boxes are still labeled the same way. The old (now 125HP) says Juice on the back and the new (145HP) says Hot Juice.

Since the probe is set up the way it is im not positive that I will mount it post turbo. I still may look into mounting it on the left hand manifold, but remember seeing a picture on JK's website that shows the drivers side manifold to be different that the passenger side. I guess I will hoist a few cold ones and see where the beer gods think it should be.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Hey Hoot

Is this a 6 or 12 pack job, got to be prepaired. Neet lookin job.

Geno

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just pulled my head out and realized that I quoted wrong on the probe. It is actually a 1/8 not 1/4 as I lied about earlier.

By the way Geno, I think that hoots instructions (when done for the very first time) are a 12er.......... the first 6 are just to get the nerve up to drill a hole in your exhaust manifold.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
You guys got it easy. When I did mine.. no one had a clue. I had no idea if the spot I picked would be ok.

I would save the celebration for afterwards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hoot, I bet you would have never guessed at the time when you did yours that you would be setting the trend for all of us......... Gosh I sure hope you didnt get all of us in trouble. Just kidding you. Your pics and info were and still are used by a lot of us with great appreciation.

By the way, got the new Attitude installed and ended up putting the probe "post turbo". However, the control box is (is suspect) a defective unit. No data is being sent back to it. It wont read temp, boost, engine temp, or anything. However, it will allow me to change settings. There is a very good chance that it could be that I'm doing something wrong, so if anyone can clue me in...........PLEASE DO !!

And Hoot, thanks again for the info I have done several over the last year and yours is the "Go By". Think of the cash you could have made if you only charged $1 for pics and information to the rest of us.....LOL

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Thanks SW.

The feedback is great. It's nice to be able to put the information in a place that's easy for everyone to access and stays in the same place for everyone to use.... indefinately.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did mine yesterday, works like a champ!!!!!! Now for the high idle next weekend!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts