Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install my EGT sensor but I do not want to drill the intake manifold myself. Any suggestions on where to take it to to have it installed? I live in San Jose, CA and would appreciate any info. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
It not bad at all to do all you need is a drill and a 1/8 npt tap and a center puntch, install the sensor on pass side exhaust manifold and remove fender liner so you can see what you are doing you can go to http://www.kennedydiesel.com/ and hit tech tips.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I didn't want to do mine either, but it's actually VERY easy. Just take your time. "Hoot method"

·
Registered
663 Posts
I need to install my EGT sensor but I do not want to drill the intake manifold myself. Any suggestions on where to take it to to have it installed? I live in San Jose, CA and would appreciate any info. Thanks.
If you get an exhaust gas temperature reading from drilling the intake manifold, tell us that story, we'd like to read it.

):h

CWB

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HaHa!! My bad. Exhaust manifold. That sound better? Must have been tired after working. Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats the "Hoot Method"?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
If you get an exhaust gas temperature reading from drilling the intake manifold, tell us that story, we'd like to read it.

):h

CWB
Maybe he has an EGR engine!;) :muahaha:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts