Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you good 'ol boys in the USA / Canada and everywhere else. Been lurking in the background for a couple of months learning heaps of stuff (thanks). Time to start trickin' up my truck. First thing to do is the pyro gauge. I have the van type turbo setup (GM6), with the turbo sitting on the back of the block, being fed by a pipe from each manifold (no crossover). In my rig the exhaust manifolds are sitting pretty close to the chassis rails on each side, so pulling these of means lifting the motor of its mounts. I'd rather not do this if possible. My other thought was to tap the pyro probe into the steel tube between the manifold and the turbo by welding a nipple to it, this is relitively easy to remove (I think). I have some questions if anyone can help.

1. These tubes only look to be 1.25"-1.50" OD will the 1/4" x about 3" long pyro probe disrupt flow to the turbo.
2. Anyone have an idea what the wall thickness of the tube may be.
3. Does the full length of the pyro probe need to be inserted into the manifold.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Make sure you have a pre-turbine pyro probe, and yes it should be in the center of the pipe for accurate readings.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Go to 6.5 FAQ sticky, there is a good link how to install pyro probe there, van mite be a little different

1 - 3 of 3 Posts