Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran the truck on a Dynojet at Diesel Performance Motorsports down in McDonough, GA yesterday. A great group of guys there, they run a good shop. I layed down 446.7 HP and 849.8 TQ on #2 only.

It was entertaining watching them put their Cummins trucks on the dyno, they were tuning them up for the DHRA race at Commerce, GA this weekend. I saw them lay down 600 HP with a 12V twin turbo mated to a 5 speed handshaker on #2 only. Sumbitch smoked like a freight train.

I was interesting to note that although they were mainly a Cummins shop they really liked the power they were making with the Duramax. The rundown they gave on which ones could make the power and how easy it was to do so went like this:

Cummins
Duramax
6.0 PS
7.3 PS (Bottom Feeder!)

I know the 6.0 can make power pretty easy but they almost put it below the 7.3 because the engine compartment sends their mechanics into an epileptic fit.

Anyway, it was a blast and so much for the DMAX not making the power.

BMDMAX

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
BMDMAX said:
<font size="2">

LOL

I know the 6.0 can make power pretty easy but they almost put it below the 7.3 because the engine compartment sends their mechanics into an epileptic fit.

Anyway, it was a blast and so much for the DMAX not making the power. </font>

<font size="2">BMDMAX</font>

<font size="2"></font>
Great numbers. What mods?
It is intersting the put Dodge and GM OVER both Fords. Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Hot Juice 4.61, the Predator 1.04 and some other goodies stacked to get the power. They pretty much felt the 7.3 was a turd and while the 6.0 can make power the engine compartment and lesser displacement compared to the 6.6 put it down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts