Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing Rocks! :ro)

I took some pics and wrote up a quick little page for anyone thats thinking about doing it. I did it the easy way and bought a Non-Lux version.

http://www.tta89.net/cars/2006_2500HD/gpsnav

I took it around the block a few times, it seems the GPS is about 200 feet late of where I am. It tells me to turn when I'm passing the street. I'll have to see if there is an adjustment or calibration for it.

So far two thumbs up! :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
You know, when I did this mod on my 06, it didn't have the VSS wire from the guage cluster to the radio installed. I had the same problem as you do now. After I installed that VSS wire, it's all good now. In other words, no more delay. Just something to look at.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... Have a link on how to check if its there or how to run it if its not?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Go look in Ben's NAV install thread in DYI

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went out to get something to eat and sure enough I can use the Nav functions while driving. Man.. . That sucks! I don't wanna take the cluster apart! -:t

Looks like the 05 guys luck out and the 06 guys get the shaft! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Thats strange...my 2005 had the VSS wire...

You dont have to take apart the cluster. Just tap into the A4 wire that is in the cluster harness..

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I am assuming that the Chevy unit is using the same software as the Eclipse and the Toyota units (the on-screen display looks nearly identical.

If so, to allow access to all functions while in motion, you need to put the unit into diagnostic mode.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171662

Hit the menu button
Touch the "volume" icon
In the volume menu, press the upper left, lower left, upper left and lower left.

This should bring up the service menu. Press and HOLD "Override" until it beeps.

You will have to do this every time you restart.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
ahhhh you know what?? I bet for 2006 the Duramax's have a different dash harness that includes wiring for the "+/-" buttons on the shifter? And since Silverados dont have nav from the factory, they didnt include the VSS wire in this new harness...im not sure, but thats the only thing I can think of...

Ben

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Service menu on the TNR's is accessed by pressing "nav rpt" once and then holding "CONFIG" for 12 seconds.

ben

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm feeling lazy.. Is there pictures of what I need to do here? I'm assuming that the connector that goes into the Nav will have an empty pin? Where do I get that?

I knew this was too good to be true! I still have to remove the cluster to get to the harness don't I?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Run a wire from "A4" on the cluster harness to "E" of the radio C2 connector..

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are there pictures and a schematic of where exactly those are? Do I take the cluster out of the dash to get to the harness and is there only one back there?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts