Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a Purolator oil filter on my Duramax. Their website has a list of all replacement filters including one for the Allison. Has anyone used any of their filters other than the oil filter? The oil filter is about $6 but I haven't priced the fuel or Allison and I'm not sure if the auto parts stores carry it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I saw a Purolator labeled Fuel Filter (really a Racor) at Pep Boys about a month ago. The filter was sitting unwrapped in a cardboard box. Looked inside the box and saw the filter plus two rubber gaskets. The filter was rusted on the inside. So quality control problems obviously still exist. I was surprised to see the fuel filter not wrapped in plastic. Edited by: OC_DMAX

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked Advance Auto Parts and they can order the Purolator fuel filter for $29.99 and a spin on filter for the Allison for $9.88. I'm not sure what brand filter was for the Allison but the price is sure right.

What brand filters do you all use and what's the going rate?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I bought the Allison spin on at the local International truck dealer for $9 and change. It was Allison branded, same as original.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts