Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Any help would be appreciated. I had a suspension maxx leveling kit installed on my 2017 2500. Right after, I had new 305 tires put on and noticed a pretty good pull to the right. Thought this was normal since an alignment always needs to be done after new tires. My brother in law aligned my truck 6 times and according to the machine it is "aligned". Well it still pulls to the right pretty significantly. Took it to the tire shop and they tried everything from rotating the tires and ordering a new tire to see if it was a bad tire. NOTHING. I talked to another guy having the same issue and he said the leveling kit he put on came with alignment specs to use when aligning the truck and to "overrride" the alignment machine. Any help would be nice. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Have you contacted the leveling kit company on if you need to go by any specific alignment specs.
That’s where I’d start.
And yes, I have heard of this.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
I just installed a leveling kit on a buddies 2015 and then I aligned it with a brand new alignment machine. There is a lot of room to keep you inside of the "GREEN" and I pulled some positive camber out of his truck on the passenger side and now it is also pulling to the right. His truck is a dually, and I started with +1 degree of camber on the passenger side and +.5 degrees of camber on the driver, but I adjusted the passenger to +.5 and the pull started. I think I will change his back to +1 degree on the passenger to compensate for the crown in the road. Both settings are within spec.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
As a follow up to this thread, when I rechecked my buddies alignment, the caster angle on the passenger side was more than the driver side. The vehicle will pull to the side with least amount of positive caster. I set the truck up with 1.5 degrees more positive caster on the passenger side than the drive side and set both sides to .5 degrees of positive camber and most of the pull to the right is gone.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 4 of 4 Posts