Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna install a boost gauge, and probably will tap into the upper intake manifold, unless there's a better spot.

will I need a new gasket?

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm gonna install a boost gauge, and probably will tap into the upper intake manifold, unless there's a better spot.

will I need a new gasket?
What kind of boost gage are you going to use and where are you going to mount it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I recently had mine off, and noticed the gasket that was in there was missing 2 chunks. Probably from the last guy that re-used it(dealer...:mad: ). Luckily, there was enough soot and oil residue that it seemed to be sealed OK. Since the auto stores where closed at such a late hour, I had to make do. Copper RTV worked just fine in this case.
Unless it comes off all in one piece and looks like new, I wouldn't re-use it. A couple $ for a new gasket or some RTV isn't likely to destroy your budget.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Autometer Ultralite on the a pillar. along with a matching boost gauge

·
Registered
377 Posts
If it comes off in one piece and looks ok you can reuse it. I usually get about 5-6 removals on mine before it needs replaced. Great choice on ultralites, I have boost, trans temp, and EGT in that style on pillar and really like the look.:thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$10 from dealer, $15 from Autozone.

whoodathunkit

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Make your own, with a piece of sheet gasket material,

·
Registered
595 Posts
Use a 3/8 NPT Tee fitting in the AIT temp fitting and avoid drilling and tapping, you don't even have to remove the upper intake.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doesn't that move the AIT sensor out of the air stream?

·
Registered
50 Posts
pics of this set up please

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts