Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need for sled pullin'.

You can see what I have to work with in my sig below. I have tweaked the stock factory one at some point. It is angled down slightly. I pulled soom rather large loads with a Pindle mount.

I thought I would remove the factory one and put something a lot stronger in it's place.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
The guys that are pulling alot are using a class 5 Reese.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just bought a class V Hidden Hitch, but come to find out that my factory hitch looks just as heavy and is rated only 2000 lbs lighter than the class V that I just bought. Not sure what to do.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
keep the class 5 from what i hear the stockers will rust a little and then bend.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the Reece TitanV is a good beefy hitch and it doesn't attach to the bumper so you can run a rollpan easily

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Curt hitches also make a hitch which doesnt bolt to the rear bumper. it is a class V also

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the Reece TitanV is a good beefy hitch and it doesn't attach to the bumper so you can run a rollpan easily
Yeah, it has angled the bumper down very slightly also.

I had looked at the Reese V through one of our suppliers catalogs, but wasn't sure if that is what I needed.

What about the drawbar with the adjustable heighth. Is there a place to buy one or did all of you just have one made?

Micheal, I noticed you have two different adjustable hitch drawbars on your website. I like the plate with the 4 bolts in it. I will not get rid of the rear bumper because of the farm jobs I use my truck for.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have two hitches, one is a backup in case someone needs to borrow one or if I break or bend one.

You can cut out a part of the center of the bumper to get the hitch closer instead of using a rollpan. When you're not pulling you can put the plastic cover back on over the cut out section and no one will know it's cut out. You just can't step in the middle of the bumper.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
You can cut out a part of the center of the bumper to get the hitch closer instead of using a rollpan. When you're not pulling you can put the plastic cover back on over the cut out section and no one will know it's cut out. You just can't step in the middle of the bumper.
thats how mine is and no one can tell it

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Man, more stuff to think about..........

1.) Traction Bars
2.) Weight Bracket
3.) Adjustable hitch
4.) Bumper mods.

I only see this list getting longer for some reason............

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
How heavy of a Lunette Ring are you guys going with, I'v seen soild ones rated at 42,000lbs and adjustable one's rated at 12,000lbs.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
i found some pipe that was about 3/4 of and inch thick with about and inside diameter of about 3 1/4". thats what i used

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
does it have to be a ring or shackle? could you use a piece of solid round stock between two thick pieces of plate?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.