Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to the pulls last night. First time pulling with my new goodies(e-locker,stealth,edge comp,tranny) There had to be about 20-25 trucks, and 10 in the pull off.

Well my first hook was real good, out the end with tonnes to spare. Went in the pull off and started a little bouncin but pulled out of it. Went 336ft.
and took first place. Second went to a dodge at 223ft, and third went to another dodge at 318ft.
Fourth and fifth were down around 100ft.

These are the 2 dodges that i have been just behind by 10-20ft. The closest dodge to me has nos and am not sure if he used it or not(i think he did), but did use it at the track last weekend and how the story goes is he ran a 11.33 witht he nos, believe it if you want.

I ran the quad 215 and the edge comp both balls to the wall, and she pulled like a freight train. Everybody said they haven't seen a truck go down the track that fast, and launch like mine did. I was told she smoked pretty heavily too, almost as bad as the big dodges, don't know can't see on the video as its dark and on the wrong side of the truck.

I sat back and thought about it last night, all this with stock injectors, stock turbo, just imagine when we get into that. I think the dodge boys better get ready for some serious competition, as ford has allready found that out
Next pull is next sunday, hope to do well. I'll try to get some video up, but am not the handiest with the computer, if anybody has some advice about postin some video, i'd surely appreciate it. Thanks Later Jeremy

Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
133 Posts
heartbeat

your running the 125 from edge and the stealth on 215 right? ever dynoed like that? do you have ladder bars setup on your truck?....do you ever run this combo on the street ...i mean eve have any problems with it.?.....pulse width ever get screwed up/....egts while pulling? (or dont you care) .....let me know iif you would im interested in getting a stealth

thanks kyle

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kyle

The edge is a comp. version(aka tranny deystroyer, up around 180-190hp tune from what i've been told) Haven't been to the dyno yet with the new tranny(last monday) but hopefully in a week or so. I have no ladder bars, but will be doing some homework on them this winter. I run balls to the wall most of the time, unless towing. The only problem i had was some sputtering around 80kms wot, but took everything off, and re-installed everything and all is good. Everything seems to work the same as with just the quad(noise,timing,fueling, whatever) seems no different when stacked other than the edge gives it that low end power, top end seems no different. Haven't looked at my egts when pulling, don't care as i'm not gonna let off anyways, its only 300ft just give her.

I am going to be getting some steering components from Moog(beefier components than stock) and fabing something up like Clint(ats) has over the winter to get ready for next year.

The stealth is the best box i have run so far imho(tire cal.,speedo eliminated), but the tranny deystroyer isn't too far off, as it has alot of lower end power, something the stealth will probably have in the near future from what i hear. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Good work at the pulls. How do you like the E-locker? Let me know if you come up with anything from Moog. Last I checked they had nothing for the HD's.

Drop your t-bars all the way down when pulling and put a ratchet strap around the centerlink and the cross member that the lower a-arms attach to. You want to preload the centerlink by putting downward (toward the ground) pressure on it. I do this and my front wheels don't toe-in with 33x12.50x17 TrXus MT's. The links like Clint is using are not neccessary.Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tomac

Locker worked awesome, i think that was one of the biggest things that helped in getting my distance. The local 4x4 shop looked into getting Moog parts for me, and they got back to me with a price of about$700 installed,alignment,tax. He said they are way better and beefier compnents than stock. Haven't been down to talk to them yet, and possibly getting a visual on them.

I use the ratchet straps like you. They definetely work as my video shows the wheels going straight and not fighting each other.Just looking to get something a little more perminet(sp).My idler and pitman arm are on ther way out, and was wondering if pre-loading had something to do with it???Quite a bit a play where the attach to the center link. Have you tried just the single strap in the middle?? If so how did it work???

I love the look on the dodge boys, its even funnier than the looks on the ford boys. Hope to post good results next Sunday, another big pull event that should have alot of competition. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
With the t-bars dropped I'm just running one strap in the middle. I did have to take off the plastic skid plate up front.

Do you have the video online? I'd like to check it out.

Let me know when you "get your hands on" the moog parts.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
i would bet a lot of us are interested in the Moog front end replacement parts. I know I am!

If that is $700 Canadian installed, it shouldn't be more then $350 US money for a do it yourself kind of guy
I am liking it already.

·
Registered
133 Posts
heartbeat

"The edge is a comp. version(aka tranny deystroyer, up around 180-190hp tune from what i've been told"

so this is more hp than the hat juice box,,,do you have the attitude?...or how did you get a 180 horse program? edge told me theyd put a 160 on mine when i got the attitude..

tomac any picture on here of your rachet strap setup? are you going around the tow hooks aswell o just the centerlink?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have pics of the dual straps somewhere. But not the single strap setup. The strap just goes around the centerlink and the crossmember.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smokin Max

No i don't have the attitude(but my truck sure has one hell of an attitude), i just called and talked to Aaron and asked about it. He wasn't really willing to say too much or give it out, but since i am sled pulling and had a tranny on the way he said sure. I must say by itself it pulls pretty hard, but you know gotta stackem if you got em. I'm not sure about the #s as i just re-read king d's brothers dyno #s. Here's there numbers

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%">
<T>
<TR bgColor=#f7f7f7>
<TD vAlign=top align=left width="18%"><A name=000000></A>king D
Contributor
Member # 9267

</TD>
<TD align=left>

posted
< language=1.3 =text/>
document.writeln(timestamp(new Date(2003,7,10,5,34,0), dfrm, tfrm, 0, 0, 0, 0));
</>
08-10-2003 05:34 AM

<HR style="COLOR: #5d7790" SIZE=1>

well yesterday finally got around to going to a dyno and for those that have never done it, it was a blast. too me it was as much fun as drag racing all should try it at least once.we took 2 trucks and tried out several differnt tunes and settups and before someone asks we didnt really watch egts we were only after hps.first truck we ran was my brothers truck,base line of 268 (the reason for this high number is because the ppe reflash wil not go back to stock completly it has a 20 hp tow program).next we added the edge tranny destroyer level 4 and it hit a peak of 443 but ran a nice long 404 hp flat line.well , noticed boost was down so closed wastegate ball valve down 50 percent and ran a peak of 455 with a flat 440 hp line.next we ran a ppe level 4 race,duramaxamizer and tranny destroyer all out balls to the wall and with wastegate 50 percent blocked peaked 520 but ran a flat line of 480 hp .next we blocked the wastgate 100 percent and retried the same settup.the peak was only 517 this time but the 507 flat line was the most impressive,equalled only by egts perhaps.the ppe and duramaxamizer ran closed wastegatea peak of 471 and a flat line of 395 hp ,however this was the longest flatest hp line we sall all day.we ran a few other combos on his truck then i put mine on.i base lined hp at 251 with wastegate closed about 40 percent,all my runs were made with wastegate closed 40 percent.next i added my level three quad tune and ran a nice flat 425 to 418 hp.next i added level 4 and ran a somewhat long bell shaped hp line with a peak of 455.7 .however on this run spectators thought they saw tire smoke so checked the straps ext...and tried again this time i added some propane to the mix and ran a disappointing 472 hp,when i saw it pop up on the screen i was like man something cant

·
Registered
133 Posts
knig d or heartbeat

can you give me any deatails on closing wastegate? is it easy hard to do ...thanks i would like to see those higher numbers later this monh at dyno day here....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't had mine closed since about 3 months ago, when i was hot oj+predator stacked. I took the hose off and clamped it onto a stud. Am looking to put a vavle in place this week and see how it works. Probably kingD would be able to answer your question better than me, as he;s probably fooled around with a tonne more than me. Considering him and his brother change programs like i change my underwear
Don't take that the wrong way Jess, but man you guys are hard core. All the power to ya, you've got stones to try everything and see what works the best, man its good to see some other diesel freaks out there.
I'll give one tip ,be careful when you start playing with the wastegate, or you might end up with a duramax that isn't turbo charged(like up around 40lbs, you is playing with fire, so don;t get burnt).
You know the old saying, if your gonna play, your gonna pay$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Later Jeremy
Edited by: heartbeatcanada

·
Registered
716 Posts
Heartbeat, What gear did you run pulling? What all have you tried? Results?

I tried 3rd low for first time saturday and It worked well, Killed my engine at the end though, I hit the T/H Button off twards the end when I was spinning out, don't think the Torque converter unlocked though. My tires were screamin till I let off.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've only tried 4hi 1st. Have always got excellent or decent results thus far. Have been thinking of trying 4lo 3rd, but why change something that seems to be working. As far as i'm concerned, i'd rather not have any shifts, as the dodge and ford boys seem too loose steam on there shifts, wether it be up or down.(unless they're stick) I definetely haven't run out of power at the end. as i am always spinning. My last pulls you can hear on my video all 4 tires squelling at the end. Sounds like the tires are spinning on asphalt, the tractors with box scrapers to smooth out the track after a run would have sparks flying where the scraper touched the ground. Great track for traction, but not so good for strain on some parts.Later Jeremy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.