Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Brought the new baby home today 6700lbs and 4ozs(I think). Delivery was about 2 hours. So do I have LBZ or LLY? Also anything important i need to know besides take er easy for first 500miles. Any thoughts would be apresheated, thanks Ryan

2007 2500HD 4x4 Crew short box LT3 DURAMAX

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'am a newbee as well, just brought her home today. My first Diesel. Traded in my 98 Z71 silverado for the same you got. Of course some 0% financing ya gotta love that! We have the L B Z and none of the extra BS emission stuff that the new ones will have to rob fuel and power.

·
Registered
6 Posts
onetonk5;1607142; said:
Brought the new baby home today 6700lbs and 4ozs(I think). Delivery was about 2 hours. So do I have LBZ or LLY? Also anything important i need to know besides take er easy for first 500miles. Any thoughts would be apresheated, thanks Ryan

2007 2500HD 4x4 Crew short box LT3 DURAMAX

Congrats on your new ride! It will be a lbz.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to DP, great place to learn a lot. Break it in the way you intend to drive it, the harder the better. For power, performance and durability it is important to seat the Piston Rings against the Cylinder walls properly. Loading and unloading the pistons a lot in the first miles of operation will speed up the process. Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Good luck, nothing that spectacular you have to do besides chekc all fluids. Some members on here noted low fluids from the factory in some diffs but other then that no.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome to DP forum, you'll find everything here, recommend you check your rear diff fluid level and change after 1500 miles or so. I haven't had one problem with my 05 LLY

·
Registered
105 Posts
An awesome ride!! I can see your smile from here!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks to all. It is a fun truck and I look forward to using it more and I look forward to its fisrt steps (towing). have a good one all

RYan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.