Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading a lot about all of the dmax trucks on this board and wanted to take a little time out to thank all of you guys for all of the knowledge that you share. My decision was made based in a large part due to what i could find out about it here......From the VIN check to researching approx. mpg expectations and more.

I will post some pictures of it later as well as set up a signature of what i have in and on my truck. Next orders of business include a programmer, winter front, spray in liner, and getting all of the other stuff i carry around organized into my new truck.

I do have one stupid question that i didnt find an answer for with the search function......will my 03 2500 CC short bed fit into a touchless car wash??? :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
mine fits in the "super wash" chain auto wash. Ive even got 305/70/16's and still fits! You will love the duramax, Good luck and congratulations.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've never had a problem with either car washes or under ground parking, but I admit, it's close. I've leveled it out with torsion bar keys and have 295/75R16 BFG's on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the good info guys, the last thing i want do to is have to rip the bar out of a car wash cuz it dented my new truck!! :joke:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have never had any problems with any parking garages or car washes. It gets really close sometimes. You will love your new truck and congradulations!

·
Registered
32 Posts
These trucks deserve a dedicated hand wash

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Mine fits in with lift and 35's with no problem. The boys at the wash treat my truck like a King......cuz I tip big.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. Hope that a d-max is in my christmas list next year.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Congrats on finding a great truck. I found an 03 Chevy in July that was a program truck and had only 7400 miles on it when I got it. I only now have 12K and it still needs to get broke in. I hope you have as much fun with it as I am with mine. Just wish I drove it more but right now I only have to work 12 blocks away so I walk.
Phillip

·
Registered
580 Posts
One of the best choices you've ever made. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again for all of the warm welcomes. I plan to try to put as much into this board as i have gotten out of it.....though it may not be possible!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I wouldnt waste money on the Winter front unless your next door neighbor is Nannook of the north. I live in Indpls, and have started and driven it in low single digits w/out the cover (and many on here live in much colder climates w/out them). It takes a little longer to warm up, but thats about it. Besides who needs heat right away w/ seat heaters.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
wash your own truck it will be a better job and you dont have to pay and no worries about something getting stolen or scratched or anything

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
IMO washing your own truck is overated. I have to wash my Dually and it takes a good hour that I could spend having fun! Congatulations on your new truck......

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congrats! I bought my 03 about a month ago and can't get the mods fast enough. There is no substitute for a Duramax/Allison.

Now you just gotta make it fast ):h

·
Registered
89 Posts
The first time I took my CC/SB through an automatic carwash, on the first time around the sprayer thing got around to the back and BANG! I freaked out! I pulled off the wheel pad so the wash would stop, Got out to see the damage and it only hit my hitch. THank god. Pulled out hitch and no more hitting.
The moral of the story... pull out your hitch before entering automatic carwash. Congrats on your truck!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ogre - I just figured that it would be better for the motor and trans to have it at normal operating temps. What do they cost anyways from the aftermaket?

I will be sure to make my truck fast, i have already put a big line of smoke all over some jerk in a VW who for some reason thought a truck was an easy target.

Oh, and thanks very much for the advice on the hitch coming off. That would have definitely happened to me!

ONCE AGAIN....thank you guys very much for all of the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
You couldn't have bought a better truck. Now for the truck toys......

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congratualions on your new/used truck.
Put an ad in the wanted section and one of the members might sell you one or give it to you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts