Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of a new 555,I found 2 of them,I had a choice between a 555 or 600 and opted for the 555.

It had 40 miles on it and they were buried in the back of the lot,I found searching there inventory online.I am very please with it,I will post my mileage when I get some data

I will miss my 2000,it treated me good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulation DG Foster.

Please post a few pics when you can. 3500 I guess!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a white 2004 Quadcab 2500 305/555 4X4,48RE,shortbed ST package.

But it has all the things I wanted,air tilt and cruise and a rubber floor instead of carpet,has 4:10 anti spin diff.Heavy duty Snow plow group.Towing package tow mirrors.Only thing I dont like is the center arm rest is just that an arm rest no place for the lap top,but I have a friend who can get me a console @ cost.Also I dont like the tire LT245/70R17E,so I will put something on there to fill the wheel wells

I will post some pics later...Edited by: DGFoster

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Congratulations DG. How did you find this forum?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I followed you Hoot

Dont you post on DTR also???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrads, sounds like another Hoot's truck, but your's is a ST. I didn't have the opportunity to buy the 305/555 cause it's not legal here.
Sometimes I wonder if it really makes a difference.

BTW, call it being at the right place at the right time... I was stopped at a stoplight today and believe it or not, by the time my light turned green I seen 4 brand new Dodge CTD go thru the intersection. 2 of them were bought from the same dealership and the other 2 were from seperate dealerships! Yes, I felt like home when I seen that!
They didn't go the same way thru the intersection as if they were following each other. Maybe it's becuase i'm driving a new truck that I notice Dodge's more but it sure seems like the majority of new trucks are Dodge's with the CTD.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use to be a Ford guy,still am at heart,but ever since I got my 2000 3500 Quadcab,I have been in love with the Dodge truck,I tryed to go back to Ford for this purchase,but the 6 litre still scares me a bit,but when I found this Dodge and drove it I knew this was it

This automatic in this truck,is like my old tranny with all the aftermarket Bill Kondolay torque convertor and valve body.Very nice transmission,I cannot wait to hook my TT and go north to see how she pulls.Edited by: DGFoster

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Yea thats me on DTR.

I just read about a huge avid Ford guy goes by the name of Big Red PSD CC (Max)on Diesel-Central just unloaded his later build 6.0 PSD due to injector dump at 4000 miles. He says he simply would not put up with that and he wasn't happy with the constant upshift and downshift and TC unlock and locking...

I think Ford is getting a lot of defections to the Dmax and Cummins.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hoot,does the 555 have 4 inch exhaut front to back??

I see @ the turbo looks to be 4 inch..Thanks

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
It drops to 3.5 back to the muffler than up to 4" out the muffler.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks.What would be a good choice for some extra power? Will my old Van Aakens box work on it? If not is there a plugin box out there? I dont want to cut any wires..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Easiest power upgrade for that engine is the Edge EZ. Plug and play except for the boost elbow. Be sure to put it in or your exhaust temps will get a little hot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My new baby

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boost elbow?

were do I get that?

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Lookin good DJ. I don't know where to get the boost elbow. Not even sure where it goes yet.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess id better update my sig

·
Registered
64 Posts
The boost elbow will come with the edge ez. It replaces the stock elbow. Unscrew the stock one and replace it with the edge one. Its location is under the turbo, has a hose attached to it. Can't miss it. Kinda hard to get to, but it's there.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
eb290 said:
The boost elbow will come with the edge ez. It replaces the stock elbow. Unscrew the stock one and replace it with the edge one. Its location is under the turbo, has a hose attached to it. Can't miss it. Kinda hard to get to, but it's there.
What does it do? Change waste gate reaction?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts