Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do my own maintenance just as I have done in the past. Issue is I need to know what I need to do so my warrantee is not voided if I need service done.

I had and 02 lb7 and warrantee work was denied at 85k b’ I didn’t have oil change receipts. I had every service item I’ve ever done written down but I physically didn’t have the receipts from Wal-Mart that showed the oil purchases. :badidea: I did have the receipts for the oil, the filters and such. I argued with them and with the GM 800 # several times and they said I could not prove I did the maintenance. This is old issue and the truck is traded in.

The question is I want to do my own so I know exactly what goes in and what comes out. What can I do to protect my self so at 85k when I need something done I am not in the same boat? Thank you for the info.

New truck is 06 lbz.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Keep a detailed written log...dates, places, mileage and ALL receipts. Should not have any trouble, I've been doing that with every new vehicle I've had for years. If I were you I'd be more concerned about voiding the warranty if you are towing your 5er anywhere near its GVWR...'cause you'd be way over your weights with the triple axle Travel Supreme's GVWR at nearly 20k.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my fiver and truck are hooked up I am at 23255 pounds, fully loaded up, full of diesel and my wife and I inside th truck. I have scales at work and weigh it often. I am fine with weight. My TS is a 95 model and does not weight any where what the new ones do. I am tuned into my weights. Also king pin is with in the range also.

As of now I only pull 2 times a year. 1 time to the campground in the spring and one time home. For my chicago driving the dually I just traded in was not working any more. My tolls went from $6 a day(drw) to $2.40 a day (SRW).

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Yes, those new ones are really heavy...many are too heavy for a 1 ton dually...kind of like Teton. One other thing I keep in my log are all my fuel purchases...date, amount of fuel, cost, mileage, and mpg. If ever questioned about my maint records, I can show this to document the information. My records go back to the early '80s, so I don't think I'll have a problem.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have everything except....

I keep detailed records on maintanence and fuel, though I do not keep receipts for my oil or filter purchases - all done online. I also keep oil analysis records.

Would the lack of receipts be a problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts