Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since Im thinking about my third HD. I want to get it right this time. I am confused on these keys. What is the difference with just the tbars raised and then adding green keys what is the difference? Im going to put some 315's like I have doen in the past. Also I have been reading that when you do a tbar raise that it wears the front end out what is a way to fix that? thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
You can crank your torsion bars with the stock keys to get say 2" of lift with the adjusting thread almost all the way in, or put the green keys(which are just keys that are indexed differently then stock keys) to get bthe same 2" of lift but the adjusting bolts will have plenty of room. Either way, they do the same thing to the suspension. With the green keys though, you can get 2" plus maybe another 1-1.5" by winding up that adjusting bolt but makes for some bad angles though.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think you will find that "proper" and "cheap" don't really belong in the same sentence...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Do it right this time heavy...your last truck looked good, but I'm sure the front end was shot ( and if not, then it would have been soon). Spend the $2000 and buy a good lift so your torsion bars can be left alone and you won't wear out CV shafts, ball joints, pitman and idler arms...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im just on a strict budget right now. Im still deciding on 305's or 315's on this dmax

·
Registered
95 Posts
Simple rule for torsion twist....keep it between 1-2 inches....2 at the most....shouldn't have too much of a problem unless heavy loads are on the front end and keepin your truck on the paved road is not in your vocabulary

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are they the best in the leveling kits? I never knew they sold leveling kits just tbar keys. Would that leveling kit be ok for a 315's?

·
Registered
281 Posts
are they the best in the leveling kits? I never knew they sold leveling kits just tbar keys. Would that leveling kit be ok for a 315's?

It would really depend on the wheels width and offset you are planning on running. Also you might have to trim a little.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts