60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey I got a 82 chevy 6.2 wanting to put propan injection on it

anyone done it?????????????????????

anyinfo would help

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts
heard of guys considering it, dont think anyones done it. one mentioned using one of the side CDR ports on the intake as a possible way of getting it in there. need a way for it to open on WOT or close to it so its not wasted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkkiing of a micro switch on the throttle and a solenoid on the propane line

so more the better?????

·
Eagle Eyes
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wanting to know if it will blow the engine up if I use too much?????

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
propane

Yes...you will definitely blow it up with to much.propane will ignite sooner,that is,before the injection event that sends diesel into the cylinder.It really has the same effect as advancing timing.To much advance equals broken parts.
In my opinion,don't bother on a N/A diesel.Not enough air to burn it efectively without a turbo.Probably a-lot more trouble than it's worth,and definitely risky,especially on a 6.2 with 21.5 to one compression.
If you try it,tell us how it goes(forewards,or apart ;) )

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
you may blow a head gasket

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we I am guessing propane is not that good then...........

thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think it would be ok if you watch how you use it. I watched a show on tv where they souped up a dodge. It sounded like you dont need much propane to add power. If you could have a smaller bottle, like for a lantern or a plumbers torch that would be ok instead of having the big tank mounted in the bed like most systems. Only use it when you need it, like when you back in a ditch or trying to get the big trailer to move. The propane systems I seen are for a constant use, for the 6.2 I think it would be fine for a little boost in power to get moving but don't go overbored.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts