Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would it cost me to install propane in my truck? is it even a good idea? i seen that the tanks seem to be a little spendy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Check out ***********************. I just saw some for around $700. Don't know about install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry, that must be a no-no

·
Registered
48 Posts
maybe try a google search for diesel performance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far i have found that the tanks are f ing pricy and all the kits ad around 65 to 100 hp and 150 to 250 lbs of torque

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Contact Marc Deluca, he is a vendor and a member! He has very good prices and is easy to talk to.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just do a search on this site on "propane"! Most of these things have been discussed over and over again......Check my signature-I'm a big propane fan. Great punch and mileage and keeps things clean...):h

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i dont like the idea of carrying around 5-10 gallons of some explosive material in my bed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i dont like the idea of carrying around 5-10 gallons of some explosive material in my bed.
Do you ever drive a car? Secured properly, a tank of propane is safer than a tank of gasoline.....:eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are brackets to mount it under your bed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The tank recommended by Powershot mounts to the frame rail under the bed.....:cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
so is propane ok or hurt a 6.2??

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Propane useage is very more dangerous than most mods... I won't use it due to malfunctions that can occur. Messing with fuel and timing in those ways just aren't my thing!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Electronics adjust or "mess" with fuel and timing. ;) Propane simply accelerates the burn of the diesel fuel, thus squeezing power and mileage out of fuel that is not normally burned. The powe/mileage does not come from the propane but the effect it has on the diesel fuel.
Used properly it is very safe and effective. It is not for everyone obviously..........;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Electronics adjust or "mess" with fuel and timing. ;) Propane simply accelerates the burn of the diesel fuel, thus squeezing power and mileage out of fuel that is not normally burned. The powe/mileage does not come from the propane but the effect it has on the diesel fuel.
Used properly it is very safe and effective. It is not for everyone obviously..........;)
My Powershot 2000 compliments the TTS 80, 120, and Extreme very nicely.:ro)

Josh

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
You can mount a forklift tank where the spare tire goes if you want an economical underbed tank. I think you can probably get two tanks under there, that would hold 16 gal. Read this thread to find out about my system. http://dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43102

·
Registered
178 Posts
"GMCSLEHD" does the extreme change the diapham or the spring or both or what I have the ats powershot 2000 I think its the same kit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
"GMCSLEHD" does the extreme change the diapham or the spring or both or what I have the ats powershot 2000 I think its the same kit.
SIXINAROW

The Extreme is one of the programs on my TTS ECM, it has nothing to do with the Powershot. If you have a Powershot from ATS i'm sure it has the same spring and diaphram as the Powershot I have. :)

Josh

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The only problem I have with propane is that I have a 10 gallon tank and I run out quickly. :) So I only turn it on when I am playing or towing. I adjust the amount of propane accordingly.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts