Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
got mine from wj's performance............be careful you want vapor not liquid

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Vapor draw is all in the valving ..... "Some" DOT approved fork lift tanks can be converted .... IMO go to a propane service center or RV center or on a refferal like above and buy a new tank ....You have to watch tank certification dates .... General Propane info

Mac

Edited by: Mackin

·
Banned
6,539 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PROPANE...I MEAN DOES IT AFFECT THE LONG-TERM DURABILITY? ALSO DOES IT AFFECT THE VEHICLE WARRANTY? I'VE HEARD OF IT AND HAVEN'T HEARD FROM ANYONE RUNNING PROPANE....THANKS

MARK

·
Registered
228 Posts
NEVERMIND, I DID A SEARCH AND ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS....

·
Registered
652 Posts
Hoot,

Why are you selling your PS2000 system? I only recall you making positive comments about it's performance...

Doug

·
Registered
185 Posts
I think Mike is selling the system because he's running a box currently and it would not be good to run both.....for his needs. I have the identical set-up to Mike's and have enjoyed it very much. But, I have jumped into the world of "Tunes" so I'll probably have to get rid of my LP system.

The LP makes the D-max run very quiet. They seem to also run very clean(My Impression). It also increased my diesel mileage by 3-4 mpg on the freeway. It also packs a pretty good kick in the pants once you come on to boost. Only draw back.....you got to fill the tank.......when you run out....it's a bad day
!

Don't mean to answer for Mike...but I think it's an accurate description.

Wayne

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Sandman said:
I think Mike is selling the system because he's running a box currently and it would not be good to run both.....for his needs. I have the identical set-up to Mike's and have enjoyed it very much. But, I have jumped into the world of "Tunes" so I'll probably have to get rid of my LP system.

The LP makes the D-max run very quiet. They seem to also run very clean(My Impression). It also increased my diesel mileage by 3-4 mpg on the freeway. It also packs a pretty good kick in the pants once you come on to boost. Only draw back.....you got to fill the tank.......when you run out....it's a bad day
!

Don't mean to answer for Mike...but I think it's an accurate description.

Wayne
Wayne is correct. I've had a few people ask me this. I don't want the ability to run both because I don't want the ability to burn up clutches in the Allison. My trans has been very good to me. Absolutely no sign of weakness at 68,000 miles. I want it to stay that way.

Others have already proven that once you start going over the standard Juice... you have to start thinking Allison upgrade whether it be Transgo or the higher level mods.

Everybody is different. Most do no power mods. Some do moderate mods and others go all out. I'm in the moderate category with a lean towards durability.

Basically... a will-power thing. If it's not there, I won't use it.

I'm replacing the lp tank with an N2 tank to power my horn.

BTW: Propane when used moderately really does a beautiful job of smoothing this engine out. I ran it for probably over 40,000 miles before getting the Juice. The day I got the juice I tried the two and limped the trans.

www.wjsperformance.com is the place to buy tanks. Wade Johnson spent a lot of time with me helping me build my system.

Edited by: hoot

1 - 10 of 10 Posts