Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=17169&cat=352&page=2

Just saw those on JP Customs' website...anyone have them yet? Im thinking about them only because being projectors, you could install an HID kit and it would actually WORK. Not just blind other drivers and have sloppy cutoff lines. BUT...Id want to see pics of them on a truck first before I spend any money. They also ahve them in black, but I think I like the clear better...headlights are supposed to be clear and white IMO...never liked "smoked" or blakc headlights...

--Ben

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
i wonder if the HIDS will work with those.

·
Registered
564 Posts
No b/c the HID bulb is longer than a halogen blub and hits the projector when installed. Thats why I got rid of my black projector lights..... Kinda sux...... I know they will work with the ones w/o projectors....

i wonder if the HIDS will work with those.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I think these are different than the old projector lights JP Customs used to sell. They just got these within the last 2 days. They used to sell similar ones but they werent true projectors.

--Ben

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I just put HID upgrade in my truck. It is amazing how bright they are. Like lights on porshe. AWESOME!!:ro)

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
captain-a do you have any pics? What HID kit did you use? Also what was the cost if I may ask?

--ben

·
Registered
531 Posts
How do these work with regular headlight bulbs? Better than factory setup? Ive used projections with HID's but never with standard bulbs.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I bought the 10K select kit on Ebay for 199.95 + shipping 214.00 total and about 3hrs. I am waiting till dark to get pictures then I will try to post. They are used in original housing, and work great.:ro) Nobody can say they didn't se me comig!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JMO...but id never do a 10k kit. The amount of actual light you lose as you go up in color temp isnt worth the "cool looking purple color" to me...

Which is why we'll never see factory HID systems with more than 4300K color temp...

--Ben

·
Registered
531 Posts
Any thoughts on those projections with out HID bulbs? Wouldnt mind trying that setup with the HIR bulbs......

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah...Denali's ahve projector lights with halogens (Denali's dont ahve HID's)

I dont see why HIR's wouldnt work. I love my HIR's...

·
Registered
531 Posts
yeah...Denali's ahve projector lights with halogens (Denali's dont ahve HID's)

I dont see why HIR's wouldnt work. I love my HIR's...
Where'd you get your HIR's?? Cant find them in the link in this thread...

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ebay

do a search for "HIR"

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks man.....think I might try the Toshibas with the Projections!

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think im gonna switch over to X-Beam HID's in my low beams, keep the HIR's for high beams...the HIR's defiently throw out some serious light, but the Silverstars havent really impressed me. They are bighter than stock tho like I said earlier.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
The only thing that I can say is there is no sign of purple color only very bright white light. It works great for my needs.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
why spend all this money on this stuff..

just throw your stock blinkers and headlights in the oven at 250degrees for a few minutes..it splits the glue and stuff and then you can take the amber crap out.

then have your onw custom clears for free

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts